Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Another great multi-surface motorcycle ride today with my old climbing friends Fred D. and John N....... left early down the old Vantage Highway, then up to Quincy and around it on the golf course road, to Hwy 28 and the Rock Island Dam.... then we took the Rock Island Grade (Yeah! One of the steepest gravel roads you'll find anywhere!) up, up, and up and away to the plateau south of the picture postcard town of Waterville, Wa, on Hwy 2..... slid into the pretty little town and had a coffee and a maple bar at a pretty little bakery, and then whipped around Badger Pocket Ski Area to East Wenatchee.... then home over Blewett Pass (and the old Blewett Pass Highway, a historic road with more curves and turns than Deals Gap)..... Man, I love to ride my multi-surface motorcycle! Only dumped it once! And in soft gravel, too! What do poor people do? Those people without motorcycles...how do they live, and why?

(John and Fred taking a break at the top of the Rock Island Grade)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Yeah, life's a bitch, ain't it..?:cheesygrin:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

CJ,

You are a blessed man indeed! I hope to get to retirement in about 18 months. Then I hope to be able to enjoy morning rides around this beautiful state I live in. Enjoy your freedom, Dude!

Dubs

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Dub's - we are thee blessed ones to have CJ & Dusty in our midst for motivation.
CJ - you just go about your ways & keep us informed. :claps::claps::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

HIJACK WARNING!!!

Mel, are you getting closer to getting your trailer home?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

Was almost in Knoxville today. Went down to Gburg and pokedaround a little . Discovered Hway 32 south . Nice ride till it runs out of blacktop and turns into dirt right where theApp trail crosses it.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
HIJACK WARNING!!!

Mel, are you getting closer to getting your trailer home?
Yup, Dubswing found a way to ship it to us...... horrendous cost, though........ $127.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Ol' Dubs.... he knows his way around the business world! (Not to mention he knows every restauranteer in Knoxville...by first name! When we were back there, he'd pretend that those restaurant owners would buy us dinner at all these super-cool places.....on the house.... but I didn't believe ol' Dubs....I'm sure all those "free dinners" were racked up on his card when we weren't looking!). Ol' Dubs is quick to do you a favor, he just doesn't want you to know he did it!

We're kinda partial to Ol' Dubs, Red and me.....

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I'm lovin this camper trailer Mel and Sandy bought me! The air conditioner works sooo good on these hot muggy days! Yea, the cost to transport is really expensive. They should be able to get under it in a year or two!:ROFL: Can't rush these hauler types. Heh heh.

I hope to have a suitable pallet to strap the camper to by Monday and have it heading Mel's way by Tuesday!

I don't know what it is about Mel and Sandy but those Knoxville resturant owners just would not let us pay for our dinner when they were here. You guys need to come back so Lois and I can get more free meals!:action:

Dubs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.