Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Okay. The lord smiled on me yesterday and I finally got the clutch bled. It was time consuming to say the least. I finally got to take a ride on this GW from down below. I like the way it handles better than my 1500. Must be the weight. Still has the low speed miss but smoothes out around 2000 rpms. My vacuum gauges just arrived and I hope to try the carb sync tomorrow. Now to the question. After the sync of 2-1-3 to number 4, what is the order for right side to left side. I hate to be asking so many questions but I just wont to do it right with as little pain as possible. As far as bleeding the clutch I finally just let it sit for a day or two after the first try and then it bled right out. I thank all that supplied information to help me out with this bike. Looking forward to riding a little.

oldmanonavtx

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'm taking it for granted you're talking about a 1200 since you didn't mention it in your post.

As you already seem to know #4 is the baseline carb for the 1200's. You balance #2 to #4, then #1 and #3 together. Once that's done then you use the adjustment screw to the rear of #4 to balance the 2 sides together.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

You will probably have to redo 2 to 4 and 1 to 3 more than once before you get the side to side right. It often takes some patience.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sorry to disagree William, but GS is right. Balance each side separately then balance the two sides against each other. Use the #3 and #4 carbs for the side to side balance after each side is synced. The screw for the side to side balance is the one just behind or aft of the #3 carb, not the one between #2 and #3.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

William is partially right. The #4 carb on a 1200 is the base carb.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Would be nice if the OP told us which bike he has.

Just to throw a wrench in it - if it's a 1200 LTD or SEi, he's right that you sync Left to Right - but they're not carbs - they're Throttle Bodies.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Sorry I did not mention that the bike is a 1984 1200 Aspencade. Thanks for all of the directions.

oldmanonavtx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.