Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

SO my '03 turned over 100K a couple weekends ago, and then I get the administrative note reminding me that I actually *did* join this board a while back. (Forgetful idiot!)

I think I'd like to introduce myself here. I am a Latin teacher in the Deep South who rides all year long. At this point my Leanabago has had nearly every microswitch replaced, has had the frame weld done, has had the left bag latch mechanism replaced twice, the windshield ratchet once (needs doing again), had the alternator clip break an a piece of it get sucked into the tranny, necessitating a complete teardown and rebuild, has had the ECM swapped & the speed sensor replaced, and I forget what all else. This weekend, the headlight subharness gets replaced. All of this has been done under warranty.

What do I want? Either a more reliable Wing or a loaner bike every single time I'm having warranty work done. I love this bike, but it is the least reliable I have ever owned. And sadly, if I were going to buy a replacement today, I'd just get an '08 Wing. What a sucker.

Pax,
Michael
IBA, HRCA, former '93 viffer crotch rocket, now '03 couch rocket

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Welcome from South Kakalaki!:waving:

Sorry to hear about your troubles. There's bound to be at least on lemon every so often. A loaner bike would be a great idea. I have always felt that if it was under warranty, then they should give you something to ride while they fix their problems.

Update your profile to include your location so we'll know where you are.

Oh yeah Carpe Diem and Spes Mea in Deo Est and Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
imported post

mbmyer wrote:
SO my '03 turned over 100K a couple weekends ago, and then I get the administrative note reminding me that I actually *did* join this board a while back. (Forgetful idiot!)

I think I'd like to introduce myself here. I am a Latin teacher in the Deep South who rides all year long. At this point my Leanabago has had nearly every microswitch replaced, has had the frame weld done, has had the left bag latch mechanism replaced twice, the windshield ratchet once (needs doing again), had the alternator clip break an a piece of it get sucked into the tranny, necessitating a complete teardown and rebuild, has had the ECM swapped & the speed sensor replaced, and I forget what all else. This weekend, the headlight subharness gets replaced. All of this has been done under warranty.

What do I want? Either a more reliable Wing or a loaner bike every single time I'm having warranty work done. I love this bike, but it is the least reliable I have ever owned. And sadly, if I were going to buy a replacement today, I'd just get an '08 Wing. What a sucker.

Pax,
Michael
IBA, HRCA, former '93 viffer crotch rocket, now '03 couch rocket
well get picky then:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
imported post

I bought my 86 Gw and 2 weeks later the stator went out. No warranty or guarantee on it. The dealer not only fixed it at absolutely no cost to me....they gave us a 2004 1800 to ride for the 3 weeks that it took them to repair it.... I guess we were lucky or we have one hell of a Honda Dealer.

Only thing was, is that after I got mine back, I didnt want to give back the 1800. :p

When Im in the market for my next bike...1500 or 1800...I will definately be going back to this dealer...:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.