Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just ordered my Kermit chair. Very hard to pull the trigger on such an expensive item, but as long as it lasts as long as people say it will, and it's so compact then I am sure I will be happy with it. I got the "wide" big butt version in burgundy ($149.00), leg extensions($35.00) and cup holder($18.00). For a little over $200.00 I better be able to hand this thing down to my 15 year old son when he is getting to old to stand all day like dear old dad!

If we like it, and my wife doesn't kill me first I will probably order her one for Christmas or her March birthday. Unlike me, she won't need the big butt version. :)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

Caution. They do break. Look for defects in the wood grain or knots. Kermit normally will sendthe replacement part free of charge.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ahnerrj wrote:
Caution. They do break. Look for defects in the wood grain or knots. Kermit normally will sendthe replacement part free of charge.
Oh great! :sadguy:pLEASE! Someone tell me that you have had your chair in the family for generations!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

MNSNOWMAN wrote:
Oh great! :sadguy:pLEASE! Someone tell me that you have had your chair in the family for generations!
I don't have one so I can't make any assurances for you, sorry, but they have been around since 1984 so they are apparently not a fly-by-night company either. :) Not long enough for "generations" to have passed them down, but 27 years ain't a bad run.
http://www.kermitchair.com/history

John

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

MNSNOWMAN wrote:
I just ordered my Kermit chair. Very hard to pull the trigger on such an expensive item, but as long as it lasts as long as people say it will, and it's so compact then I am sure I will be happy with it. I got the "wide" big butt version in burgundy ($149.00), leg extensions($35.00) and cup holder($18.00). For a little over $200.00 I better be able to hand this thing down to my 15 year old son when he is getting to old to stand all day like dear old dad!

If we like it, and my wife doesn't kill me first I will probably order her one for Christmas or her March birthday. Unlike me, she won't need the big butt version. :)
I ordered two last week, one navy and one burgundy. From what I've read here they're like our Wing and Boston Whaler - quality products that will last a long time.

I'm hoping my bride isn't here when UPS delivers ;)

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

he he he he im a stinker

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

We bought 2 of them in 1997, the tall ones, did not need leg extenders. still have one good one, broken back piece on the other, have not called them for replacements.I did get replacement parts free about 8 years ago. When I had Colon Cancer surgery in Dec. 1997, my Kermit chair was the only chair I could sit in comfortably for the next 2 days. They are very good !

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Dougbo. That's whay I went with the kermit. At least you can buy a part here and there if you break something. I am hoping it won't break, but nice to not have another pile of plastic going in the dump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.