Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was looking atthe fuel lines on my 1200 and decided to change them all yesterday. One of them was clear tubing the onecoming fromthe pump. I replaced them all with 1/2 inch solid fuel tubing, otherwords no see thru. Before the change I had quite a bit of hesitation when applying the throttle in every gear. Now theres still a very slight hesitation but nothing like before. The carbs was sucking air thats for sure. I added fuel line clamps to all connectrions. I should get better gas mileage now. Can't help but wonder if others have had to change their fuel lines as well.

Harold

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

swapping all the fuel lines on a carbed vehicle is SOP for me, as is vacuum lines on anything from the 1980's, but I'm wierd like that.:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thats another thing I've got to look into, vacuum lines. Getting at them is going to be some kind of fun.

Harold

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I know, that's why so far I've rolled the dice and broken my own rule on the wing, but it's worked out so far.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Jaymom wrote:
I was looking atthe fuel lines on my 1200... One of them was clear tubing the onecoming fromthe pump. ...The carbs was sucking air... Harold
Harold, keep in mind that the clear fuel line may have been on there for a reason.

If the fuel pump diapragm starts to head south on 'ya, then the pump itself WILL induce air into that line.

Maybe someone before you was watching for this? If it's caught early, you'll see air-bubbles form in that line as the engine heats the pump up and the diapragm softens.

Been my experience anyway...

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It's got a brand new fuel pump on it. I did see bubbles (lack of fuel) in that clear line though. Believe i'll have to think about replacing that one piece with a clear line. Thanks for the tip. I just now took a short ride on it though and it runs like a champ. My Rebel is cold blooded but my GW takes the gas within half a minute with no sputtering what so ever with the choke all the way off. It wasn't like that before i changed the lines.

Harold

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't worry about it if there's a new pump on it then.

Ride-On. :waving:

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

The 1200s have an electric pump, not a mechanical diaphragm pump.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Oh, yeah. 1200. Thanks Dave.

He's still good with a new pump though. That clear line told someone to replace it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.