Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Lookin' much the same here in Southern Oregon today too.:clapper::clapper:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My wild onions are doing well in the front yard!!!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Beautiful area Blackdog. I had forgotten just how pretty it was with all the Poppies and Locoweed in bloom. We had a string of rental horses that ran the trails up to and around Zaca Peak. Do you know if it is still possible to get to Zaca Lake? Old entrance used to be off Foxen Canyon Road just south of Zaca Mesa Winery. I understand they built a new way in, but that was long after we left the area.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Great pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you lucky dog. It was warm here yesterday and today,,, but still a dingy brown.

·
Premium Member
61,440 Posts
imported post

Great pictures..
Mother nature hasn't woke up yet here in central Cal everything is green but the flowers are just starting to bloom..........

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Very lovely pictures Blackdog, glad to say the sky is looking much the same here today, which makes a nice change. :)

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I hate you, Blackdog--that was just not fair.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Was a nice day yesterday and getting a good rain storm today. should get rid of the rest of the salt. Already got 400k on the bike.:waving:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Beautiful here in Western Kansas last couple of days. HAD 15 inches of snow with blizzard conditions. (50 mph winds and blinding snow) Sooooo... I guess spring is here in Kansas too!! Man I gotta move!:(

Beautiful pictures though. I cant wait till it warms up here too.:waving:

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
imported post

Hey Snickers, 2" of fresh snow last nite and 25 mpg winds this morning, I know how ya feel bro :(

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

Your pics made my day. Such beauty!

All we have here is exposed doggy doo as the snow melts.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Pastor T wrote:
Beautiful area Blackdog. I had forgotten just how pretty it was with all the Poppies and Locoweed in bloom. We had a string of rental horses that ran the trails up to and around Zaca Peak. Do you know if it is still possible to get to Zaca Lake? Old entrance used to be off Foxen Canyon Road just south of Zaca Mesa Winery. I understand they built a new way in, but that was long after we left the area.
I think you can still get into Zaca Lake - but I just do not know the way. This "back country" area is a favorite with hikers and such - pretty rugged from what I hear. That is one of the areas that had major burn in the last year or so. In fact I think they used water from Zaca to fight some of the fires.

I go by the Zaca mesa winery all the time on our rides towards Santa Barbara way via San Marcos pass - twice yesterday. It is a very nice area to ride through - Foxen Canyon Road.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks for the kind words all - just little rays of sunshine on the horizon for everyone. I am truly blessed to have year round riding. Part of my choice to relocate here in mid-life. Nothing beats spring though - anywhere - may you all enjoy it soon as well!

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

WOW Blackdog that is spectacular. I want to go,I want to go. Thanks for that I needed a look at that much color again!!:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Beautiful pictures

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.