Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Miami County Kansas Cancer Foundation is hosting a Ride for Life on Saturday May 2, 2009. Sign up is at 10:00AM at the Paola Kansas Eagles Club. Ride at 11:00. It is open to all bikes and cars. Last vehicle in around 4:00pm plan on 100 miles +/-

Cost is 15.00 per vehicle and riders / passenger are just 5.00 all entry fees are tax deductable.

The Miami County Cancer Foundation is a not for profit organization and all money raised go to help cancer patients in Miami County.

For questions or more infomaiton you can PM me or call 913-294-2050

I can email a flyer to anyone who is interested.

Miami County is located just south of Kansas City and is accessed by US Highways 169, US 69 and K-68

Rain date is May 9, 2009

Thanks

Randy

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I thought I should also mention that this in not a bar hop type of ride. We will be stopping at area business but not bars. The ride will conclude at a drinking establishment for those who choose to enduldge....

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Good Afternoon Hidepounder! :waving:

PM sent......

Also checkout the KANWINGS/Wild Rhino 2009 thread here in the events section as I have posted a link over there as well for this ride. :cooldevil:

Give me a shout when you can.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

PM sent. We're going to try to make it.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

I have put it on my calendar..........:action:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I am bumping this back up as a remider to anyone who would like to come to Paola Kansas for a good cause. I have tried to attach the flyer but the file is too big and I just don't know how to reduce it. This ride is a benifit for the Miami County Cancer Foundation, all proceeds go to help those people in Miami County who have been sticken with cancer. (we have given up on the ACS in helping anyone)

Sign up will be at the Paola Eagles Club which is located just south of Paola on Old Kansas City road. You can get to Paola from one of several ways, East and west off K-68 highway then south on US 169. From the north or south from US 69 take the K-68 highway exit at Louisburg Ks and go west to US 169, For those coming in from the north or south on US 169 highway, get off at the 327th street exit, there will be a Chevy dealership there. Continue north on Old Kansas City rd from the dealership. Go 3 miles to Eagle Dr, turn left and you are there. Breakfast starts at 0800 and we ride out at 1100.

If you have anyquestion the contact on the flyer is 913-294-2050 or 913-285-0325 or you can pm me or call me at 913-731-8301. We are hoping for good weather instead of the rain we are having right now.

Please let me know if anyone will be coming in from the forum, I would like the chance to meet each of you.

Randy

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Randy, I am going to have to hang back on this ride. :(

I have it on my calendar and was planning to do it but with the current situation here in South Central Kansas, I need to be here. We have had flood damage (not me, but others) and it's now raining again for the next three days here. From midnight until now we have had a half inch of heavy rain and is expected to continue until the weekend. I am on standby to open a shelter here in our town and I need to be here just in case. Sorry my friend, I really wanted to meet you but we will get together soon.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I understand, looks like we may have to re-route the ride due to high water here. But on the bright side it's forcasted sunny and 65 on Sat.

Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.