Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm at a crossroads. As much as I like the look of led lights, I'm not sure I want to putmodern lightingon my 82' Gl 1100.

I thinksticking with vintageincandescent lighting is the way to go but there are so few choices; especially for the ring of fire.

I welcome any input from the group!

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
imported post

If you are going to add much lighting go with LEDs, the charging system won't handle it if you add a lot of incandescent lights.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I was thinking the same for my 85 1200 LTD, just keep her Factory dressed. I looked at some other lighting options on various retail sites as well as many on ebay, but I always think of the electrical system and the over all look of the bike. GoldWing paid some hefty dollars to some engineers to design something that this ol boy with a few wrenches probably ought not change...... to much.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,175 Posts
imported post

Not going to matter much in a couple of years.

Congress just outlawed incandescent lights.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Not going to matter much in a couple of years.

Congress just outlawed incandescent lights.
Is that a joke.....

Like....

(Congress)
"Hey guys, we screwed the country up, we are now broke, Last one out turn off the lights"

Kinda Joke?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

Same thing in Europe, but not a ban (yet). Just fasing out.

It's just a BOHICA moment anyway. The energy saving bulbs were supposed to get cheaper the more they made but a 10% decrease is gonna be all we get. We'll get milked on this crap as well.

As soon as there's legislation that's just an excuse for large lighting companies (in this case) to just about charge what they like (and they will).

Dave.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Back to the bike. I've gone LED and added alot of them with more to come. The lights stand out better then incandescent.
And it is just my attempt at being seen. I say go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.