1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are these tires any good? KENDA CHALLENGER K657 MOTORCYCLE TIRE 130/90-17 REAR

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

Need to check the weight rating for the 1100. I think they are a (A) rated tire. load rating 476 lbs

·
Administrator
26,186 Posts
imported post

Actually it is rated 693 lbs./40 PSI. I have a front one on one of my 1100s, I have not ridden it myself, my son rides it so I can't say how it handles. He has no complaints. I also had 1 on the rear of my 83 (140/80-16) and it seemed to be a good tire.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I have a pair of Kenda's on my CB650c and for the money they seem pretty decent... I don't ride real aggressively or when it's wet but I've been happy with them so far after about 500 miles or so.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

theres a 4 letter word for kenda tires, JUNK bought 4 for my 1200 three had to be taken off before they were worn out. walkabout :)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

I put Kendas on my 86-1200 about 6500 miles ago and couldnt be more satisfied with them, I will definitily put them on again when the time comes.:july4thflag::july4thflag:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

what was the problem with the kendras that they needed to be taken off
Wilf

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

have kendas on my goldwing and intruder with about 5k on both and no complaints here..great on dry and wet pavement.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

I had a problem with one on the back of my GL1500,i posted about it.It had big chunk of tread come off.it was a kenda cruse

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

I put a Shinko tire on my rear that I picked up for $10 on a clearance rack. I've only got a few hundred miles on it, but I love it!! They retail for about $70. Any touring tire will probably be a good ride, no matter the brand. I've run Avon, Continental, Dunlop and Shinko tires. Couldn't tell the difference with any of them. All I can say for sure is a new tire beats the heck out of a wore out tire!! And for those that say the goldwing has bad handling, change your tires and try riding again. New tires will make your wing handle like a crotch rocket(ok maybe not quite;) lol

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

thank you for the replies guys. I will try the tire then.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

will, rear tire 8,933.4 miles tire case split in the tread groove, rear tire 11,962.9 miles tire split in tread groove, front tire 15336.6 miles tire got large bumps on face of tire, the tread was coming loose from the case, front tire 11,138.0 miles removed it during routine tire change, it was still good but i was going on a long trip. none of these tires were worn out, they were coming apart. regards walkabout:)

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

I had a Kenda in front and changed to Michelin with less than 300 miles on the tyre. The wobble when slowing down on the handle bars was scary to say the least. Price of the Michelin was almost double, but trippel worth it. !!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I went with a shinko on the rear and I'm very happy with the ride and wear so far. I did a search for both Kendal and shinko, just based on price, and the shinko got better ratings.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

I put the kenda tires on my '97 1500 back in January. I used the k671 rear tire mounted backwards on the front of my scoot. I'm right at 5,000 miles & the tires are showing very little wear. The best price with free shipping I could find was from Dennis Kirk. Hope this helps....-Rich

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

Walkabout,

There are alot of people that seem satisfied with the Kendas. Since you had so many problems with 4 tires, you think it may have been a bad batch (if you bought them all at the same time). Aren't they made in China? Maybe the quality control isn't up to snuff. A cheaper tire gotta cut corners somewhere.

Al

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

PREDATOR, i bought the kendas at different times so i dont know if they were a bad batch. they were all used on one bike. i am running two 1200s now and i installed four bridgestones, theywere well recommended. they dont have enough miles on them to comment, the one set has about 3,000 miles at this time but thats not enough miles to write a review, when they get about 10,000 miles then maybe i can get an edea as to how good they are going to be.the one front tire howles a bit going down the highway but thats no big deal. getting back to the kendas i think they are made in formosa, not sure. the back tires wore a bit odd because the center half of the tires were harder than the two outside quarters,i ride a lot of crooked two lane so the outside quarters wore down first. as far as price goes the local honda dealer sold me the bridgestones cheaper than i could buy the kendas. i am lucky, the dealer where i live i have known for over thirty years and i get service second to none. walkabout :):)

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

Well every bike is different (like people) and has different characteristics. I wish you the best of luck and safe riding with the new ones. Where the heck is formosa???????

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.