Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

SuperSkypilot wrote:
I will trade you my narrow lift for your Handy :)

Steve
Actually, I guy made an offer today I couldn't refuse. You can buy a new one from Northern Tool for less than he gave me for mine.

I got tired of tripping over it when I wasn't using it. One of these to stand up against the wall seems like a good idea. Do you have a Kendon?



BTW, did you sell all your parts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
imported post

I don't have one, but it sure looks unsafe to me. Lots of weight on top of those 2' pipes on the bottom, I sure hope your floor is exactly level. And what about pushing or pulling on it while working? Not for me! (although the price is pretty high also)
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
60,166 Posts
imported post

brianinmaine wrote:
I don't have one, but it sure looks unsafe to me. Lots of weight on top of those 2' pipes on the bottom, I sure hope your floor is exactly level. And what about pushing or pulling on it while working? Not for me! (although the price is pretty high also)
Brian,

I like that thing, and the security of it is a super easy fix.

Two concrete anchors with a eye-ring bolt. Two tie down straps and that thing will not fall over in either direction.

Don't want to use concrete anchors? Get a 10 ft 2x12 and put the eye-ring bolts thru the ends of it. Set the front end of the lift on top of the 2x12. You still have security. It can't fall over.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
SuperSkypilot wrote:
I will trade you my narrow lift for your Handy :)

Steve
Actually, I guy made an offer today I couldn't refuse. You can buy a new one from Northern Tool for less than he gave me for mine.

I got tired of tripping over it when I wasn't using it. One of these to stand up against the wall seems like a good idea. Do you have a Kendon?



BTW, did you sell all your parts?
NO but there is a swapmeet at the Minnisotata State Fair grounds on Sunday so I'm going to drag a bunch of them up to that. I just need some more room this winter.

I've had my lift, which is one of the narrow ones, tip over in the middle of the night with a GL1000 still strapped on to it.

Steve
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
60,166 Posts
imported post

Since you weren't there to see it fall over, does that mean there was no noise? :action:


Maybe it was just a raccoon looking for a meal. :badgrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
imported post

That thing looks terribly top heavy when fully raised. You loose your balance and fall against it, you, it and the bike are in for a nasty tumble.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

SuperSkypilot wrote:


I've had my lift, which is one of the narrow ones, tip over in the middle of the night with a GL1000 still strapped on to it.

Steve
Is yours a Kendon?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
imported post

Max weight of 1000# is not very much either!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
imported post

unionjk wrote:
Max weight of 1000# is not very much either!
Hey! Watch it! Now we're getting personal! :ROFL::ROFL:

Sorry- couldn't resist.

Looks like no one has a Kendon lift?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have a Harbor Freight. I would misshaving aplace to put tools and parts trays.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have a friend who has a Harbor Freight lift. He bought a cheap 110v Harbor freight electric hoist and mounted it to the wall. Now when he isn't using his lift he hooks up the hoist and stands the lift up against the wall.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

FeButter wrote:
I have a friend who has a Harbor Freight lift. He bought a cheap 110v Harbor freight electric hoist and mounted it to the wall. Now when he isn't using his lift he hooks up the hoist and stands the lift up against the wall.
I had one of those. I'll not buy another.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
imported post

SCMike, The lift or the hoist??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

FeButter wrote:
SCMike, The lift or the hoist??
The lift table. I also have one of their 110 volt winches, but I use it all the time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have yet to find fault with my HF lift. I'm sure that it has more competent peers but it does the job for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
imported post

Seen a couple of sears models around and they seem to be pretty stout.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Seen a couple of sears models around and they seem to be pretty stout.
A Sears lift table?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
imported post

I haver a HF lift table. and Mike your bike was on it before you bought it. Our family owns 6 bikes so it gets used all the time. Just used it yesterday afternoon to change tires on my 1500. Never had a problem and I think I have had it for 5 yerars.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top