Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
New Guy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i'm about to buy two of these chairs and thought i'd check in here to see if any of you owners have feedback to offer. specifically, i'm interested in hearing about any quality and sturdiness issues you've had with it or "if i was going to order another one, i'd do xxx" (leg extensions, etc).

thx in advance for any / all feedback.
hal

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Yes, the TOPS in chairs. Order the leg extensions, they are very handy and easy on old knees. They are made 100 miles from us in Nashville, TN. Last forever and small packing.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Nina likes it!
She is sitting in Dusty Boot's Kermit Chair right now and telling me that she wants one.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
Nina likes it!
She is sitting in Dusty Boot's Kermit Chair right now and telling me that she wants one.
LOL, I was going to point him in Dusty Boots direction for advice on it. I saw and looked at his at NASSIR 4 and really like it. In fact I like it better then my PICO telescoping chair.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thx very much for the feedback, much appreciated.

hal

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yes .... Nina is hooked on my Kermit Chair! Don't know if I'll be getting it back anytime soon. :shock:

I had a Pico Chair .... for 5 minutes, at which time I busted it trying to close it back up. Too much plastic in it's construction.

The Quality of the Kermit is unsurpassed and is very comfortable. Setup takes about a minute. It's worth the price for the leg extensions.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Dusty,
Thx for your feedback ... I remember reading a post you made about chairs, glad to hear the Kermit is The One.

Hal

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I could bust that sucker in the first sitting. It might hold you paisley types but if you really need something strong and have something to haul it in and mama don't mind dragging it... :ROFL: Get the Maxxdaddy with footrest, headrest and pads. Good to 1000 lbs.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The Kermit is rated for either 300, or 350# and they have supposedly have had 700# on it.

Granted it's not as 'Heavy Duty' as the chair you recommend,Rudy, but it does well for us mere 'mortals'. ;)

Oh .... I forgot to mention I have the 'wide boy ' version, which is 2" wider than the stock chair. It's not on their website when you order, but you can request it using the comments boxand it's an extra $20 for that option. It fits inside the same size carryingbag as the normal width chair. The reason I got the extra width was to accomodate me wearing my armoured riding pants, which it does nicely.

Dusty

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Ah, you Wimpos! Most of you are descended from people who walked across a continent biting off huge trees at the roots, whipping your mules with your bare hands, and keeping your women in their proper places..... and now you gotta have a $138 yuppie chair to rest your overweight heinies in? Odds Bodkins, what have we come to?

I looked at one of them Kermits once, but the price put me off my feed, and it smelled suspiciously of frog......

Now this, this is a chair! $15 on special, and it can double as a sleeping pad..... (although I don't know if we can take it in our newly acquired Sentry camper!)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Attachments

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

I think they are great, and I would certaiinly buy them again.

They fit into the saddlebags or trunk, so you can takle them with you to the fireworks, beach, cruise night, or wherever you'll be hanging around and might like to sit for a while.

They are incredibly durable and well designed. They hold my phat azz up with no problem, and a (small) cutie can sit in my lap without killing the chair.

By all means, the leg extensions are worth it.

Are they in my top 5 best ever things I bought for the bike? not really. Do I regret buying them? No way, they are so handy.

Negatives? Well, I don't have a trailer, only a Pak-It Rak, and if we go on a long trip, I can't really dedicate the space to them and take everything elseI (and Goldilocks) need. Let's see, rain gear and gerbings, or the chairs?.. no contest.

They take me more than a minute to set up, maybe three, but it really isn't a big deal.

=Dave=

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I saw this chair set up and at first glance thought there was no way it was sturdy in any way. I was wrong. It is very well made and held me with no problem. (6'5" 285).

It is truly amazing how small it breaks down for packing.

yes the price is a strong consideration, but if it is not, go for it with the extras listed.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

Hey Cousin, my wife and I have used those chairs backpacking all over these great states, from 400 to 14000 feet, the NEVER let us down, oh yeh, in those you are already down, and pretty comfy too.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I think Santa will have to get myself and the wife each one for Christmas, with our names on them! Oh, and the leg extensions. When I get a trailer next year, I have her about 50% talked into doing a little camping. Maybe like 3 of a 7 night road trip. Anything I can do to help make it better for her will help the cause. They are a little spendy, but I don't mind paying for quality.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
... The reason I got the extra width was to accomodate me wearing my armoured riding pants, which it does nicely. Dusty
uh, yeah ... that's why i'm getting the bertha-butt version, too ;)

tom (owner of kermit) returned my phone call w/in 1 biz day and we had a chance to discuss the chairs, their current stock / availability and the month's-long cycle trip he's on. (i wanna be tom!) nice guy and i look forward to receiving our chairs in the near future.

thx again for the feedback, folks, much appreciated.
hal

·
New Guy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

we received our chairs yesterday, unpacked them and had them set up in just a minute or two. **very** nice chairs that have the feel of quality in them - everything is nicely made and fits like a glove ... the drink holder is a clever bit of engineering, too.

interesting thing about tom / kermit chairs: each and every time i emailed or called them, they contacted me in < 1 biz day even though they were on the road ... communication with the customer is much appreciated by this customer. (very unlike the windshield manufacturer i bought a screen from: great product, customer service / communication = fail :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.