Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Red and I went onour usual conditioninghike this morning, a 1700' climb up Manashtash Ridge withthe gorgeous white landscape of the Mt. Stuart range on display (just like my avatar!), and then I went home, hot-tubbed, showered, and went out and fired up the KLR. Beautiful day, here, 41 degrees.... decided I'd take the dirty bike down to wash it off 'cause Iwanna adjust it's valves tomorrow........

Key-rime-nie! 60 miles later, I roll back in, frozen to the bone, a petrified smile on my face, tears frozen on my cheeks!And I never did get the thing washed! Red rescued me by giving me a huge mug of tea and bundling me up near the fire!

I am addicted to motorcycling. Addicted to all types of motorcycling, now and forever...... when I get to be 90, praise God, I will still be addicted,and probably on a Honda 50, but still riding..... with a petrified toothlesssmile on my wrinkled face, frozen to themarrow of my old brittle bones. God, I love to ride!

If Heaven doesn't have any bikes, I don't wanna go!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

A pastor that rides with the local CMA unit here, recently while officiating a biker's funeral, made it perfectly clear that as far as he was concerned, not only will your friends and family gone be there to greet you, but they'll have your bike there, all shined up, and ready to ride down whatever roads of gold suits your fancy.

If you like riding fast, then your roads will be straight and long, if you like riding twisties, then the roads of gold will put The Dragon to shame, if you like both, they'll change to suit your mood.

I'm READY! :)

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
imported post

Ride long and often. You might have read that from me many times. Let's hope we can all do that.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Excellent Read Cousin Jack,

There are times when we feel different until we get into the saddle again.

All the smells are better the colors brighter and the experiences closer to the soul.

Riding is inside all of us, When we look at it as just transportation or saving gas,
You should be punished with a month of driving a cage.

Riding always makes me feel like a kid skipping school.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I can't see a Honda 50 anywhere near your porch. Maybe something with three wheels, a trike or another bike and sidecar.

And when that time comes, I can see you accepting it with the same enthusiasm as you do all the changes that come your way.

By the way, I haven't seen a update on Red's arm. She still supporting a cast or has it been taken off by now? Either way, I hope she's doing well.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I rode Saturday; 36 was the high. Sunday was a scorcher; it hit 50. Both days were fantastic 'cause I was on my scoot!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
A pastor that rides with the local CMA unit here, recently while officiating a biker's funeral, made it perfectly clear that as far as he was concerned, not only will your friends and family gone be there to greet you, but they'll have your bike there, all shined up, and ready to ride down whatever roads of gold suits your fancy.

If you like riding fast, then your roads will be straight and long, if you like riding twisties, then the roads of gold will put The Dragon to shame, if you like both, they'll change to suit your mood.

I'm READY! :)
Well, we already have a place like that here - it's called California. :cheeky1:

Often I've said- while I'm in no hurry because I selfishly want to "see it all" (or, as much as I can) by bike..... that - if I were to meet my maker tomorrow I can go knowing I have seen the wonders of this world on the back of a motorcycle. Now it's just all about seeing as much as I can before those "Other" gold paved roads.

Now I wonder...

What happens after you've ridden all THOSE roads??? :shock:

And what type of motorcycles do they have for me to ride - Platinumwings? Diamondwings? HigherBusas? KLM999 SUPDUPER MOTO? What....

And what does Jesus ride? An Angelwing? Does he lead the ride or ride tailgunner - or both :shock:? Is it a group ride or solo or 2 up? Does your earthly wife get to ride with ya? Which one (can I pick?)? Or some other soulaltogether? Do ya camp or stay ingolden hotels? Can I eat chocolate cake and chinese food at each rest stop? Wash it down with a good glass of Port? Can I avoid all rest stops without consequence? Do they have "Cuban" cigars? Can you pick which Spiritual Landmark, Park or Monumentyou visit or is it pre-planned for you? Would Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, Adam, Eve, Ghandi, et al be on the same group ride? Or, are they in the "MC" group? :action: Lots to wonder about!!!

I hope that we all experience -often - that "riders high" that CJ refers to - I did Saturday on my Birthday Run. Took 2 couples with us on a couple of my favorite roads. The kind they film car and bike commercials on out here in California. One guy with about 30 years of riding everything from Horse to Harley walks up to me after and shakes my hand and says - "I want to thank you - that is pretty close to the best road I've ever ridden on". Ah, the fun of it all - "discovering" that which others fail to frequent.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
Well, we already have a place like that here - it's called California. :cheeky1:

Often I've said- while I'm in no hurry because I selfishly want to "see it all" (or, as much as I can) by bike..... that - if I were to meet my maker tomorrow I can go knowing I have seen the wonders of this world on the back of a motorcycle. Now it's just all about seeing as much as I can before those "Other" gold paved roads.

Now I wonder...

And what type of motorcycles do they have for me to ride - Platinumwings? Diamondwings? HigherBusas? KLM999 SUPDUPER MOTO? What....

And what does Jesus ride? An Angelwing? Does he lead the ride or ride tailgunner - or both :shock:? Is it a group ride or solo or 2 up? Does your earthly wife get to ride with ya? Which one (can I pick?)? Or some other soulaltogether? Do ya camp or stay ingolden hotels? Can I eat chocolate cake and chinese food at each rest stop? Wash it down with a good glass of Port? Can I avoid all rest stops without consequence? Do they have "Cuban" cigars? Can you pick which Spiritual Landmark, Park or Monumentyou visit or is it pre-planned for you? Would Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, Adam, Eve, Ghandi, et al be on the same group ride? Or, are they in the "MC" group? :action: Lots to wonder about!!!
Blackdog, you scare me brother. :cheeky1:

I won't go into my personal beliefs here, but I'd say that in the ultimate heavenly situation that we all hope for, it is what it is, and it will be what we have spent our lives believing it will be.

So! With that said, I'll bring the Port if you bring the Cubans...We can let Moses worry about the bridges, Adam and Eve can worry about accommodations at the end of the day and who our passengers are, Buddah can plan the route Mohammed can lead and Ghandi ride tail gunner...And we'll let Jesus worry about lunch. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Blackdog wrote:

Now I wonder...

Blackdog, you scare me brother. :cheeky1:

I won't go into my personal beliefs here, but I'd say that in the ultimate heavenly situation that we all hope for, it is what it is, and it will be what we have spent our lives believing it will be.

So! With that said, I'll bring the Port if you bring the Cubans...We can let Moses worry about the bridges, Adam and Eve can worry about accommodations at the end of the day and who our passengers are, Buddah can plan the route Mohammed can lead and Ghandi ride tail gunner...And we'll let Jesus worry about lunch. :cheeky1:
I'm glad I scare someone - it must be my purpose - :cool:

I'm good with all of it - "but" I'm for letting Jesus plan the route - he "shows me the way". Buddah can "enlighten" us about our days experiences...LOL :action:

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

Group ride, if that is what you want

Solo ride, if that is what you want

Led by Jesus, Ghandi, Buddah or whoever you want

Lunch will be what you want

Accmodations will be..........

Well, you get the point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status