Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Cool video and story but I wouldn't do it on a 250 of anything !!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

yeah, I would love to have the freedom, money, and time to do that. But, not on a 250...

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Wow..........:shock:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

Good story, as said before not on a 250.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I wonder what I would feel like after a trip like that on a small bike, but it would be a trip of a lifetime!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

It sounds like a great trip, but I'd probably not carry camping gear. I might have when I was a little younger, but now I want a shower available daily, as well as a bed and temperature control. I also agree that I don't think that would be my bike of choice. I want to be able to stretch out and change position once in a while.

I seem to have a lot of "wants" these days.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

hoodad463 wrote:
It sounds like a great trip, but I'd probably not carry camping gear. I might have when I was a little younger, but now I want a shower available daily, as well as a bed and temperature control.
Yea, my idea of camping nowdays is a poolside room at the Holiday Inn. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

Seriously, I like a good nights sleep. Then I'm ready for a good long ride. I don't sleep well on the ground anymore. I loved the vid however. That fella had a better back than I have, and a better butt too. I'd need a much bigger bike for that trip.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,499 Posts
imported post

Loved the video, and I loved my Yamaha DT250; but ride it that far? Dunno, it would, but I don't think I could.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

bbach wrote:
hoodad463 wrote:

Yea, my idea of camping nowdays is a poolside room at the Holiday Inn. :cheeky1::cheeky1:
That's right, most of us ride Honda so we can get away with this.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

WOW!!!!! On a 250, now thats a hard way to do it but at the same time riding a small bike gives you a great view. I dont think that was a bad choice to do it on. that was a trip to remember for a life time. way to go little ninja.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

Why do I get this wonderful image of a guy nearing the end of his tour, pitching camp for the night, then reaching around behind himself and popping that bike out of his butt before calling it a night?????:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

Amazing. I always knew this Ninja engine was one tough little SOB... But this adventure proves it.
I work with someone who went to the Arctic Circle in a 26 year old BMW GS 850 that was rebuilt twice. First salvaged from a flood and later badly wrecked by my Boss. Everybody at work thought he was crazy. He made the trip from Cincinnati and back with no issues. I think that must be a big part of the rush. Completing a mega-trip on a bike that everyone doubts can’t make it.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

I admire the guy, no matter what he rode. What an achievement!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

To paraphrase Johnnie Mac "you CANNOT be serious !!" What a GREAT story !!!

Oh man !!! I've been across the country and back 3 times but Alaska is still on my list. Your story just fires up me up even more.

The fact that you did it on a 250 is positive proof that one does NOT NEED a freakin' GPS, Zumo, Twitter, Twatter, 10,000 cc bike and other BS.

All you need is the desire. Yes.

Doesn't hurt to be in good physical shape either. Yes.

GREAT sory and vdeo.

THANKS !!!!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

In 08 i stopped for fuel in delta Utah,the last chance for gas till Nevada(Hy 50 the loneliest road in the usa). there was a woman on a Vespa just coming from Nevada. she was on the way back from Washington state. going back to N.Carolina.
when she left ....she was smiling the whole time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.