Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me where to find the information on how to reprogram a replacement remote for a GL 1800 (2002 Goldwing)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum MikeR22, programming is the same for all the 1800's;

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.
2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.
5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.
6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey MikeR22 :waving:Welcome to the forum. :clapper:Now how was that for service from Grouchomax. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey MikeR22 :waving:Welcome to the forum. :clapper:Now how was that for service from Grouchomax. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The service without a doubt Not too Shabby, very quick response I do thank you for reading my question. I am not out of the woods yet. The procedure did not work. Now I need to see if I in fact have the correct transmitter.

Thanks again, Mike R.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Mike, that procedure should work for the Honda Accord remote as well. What model did you get?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dave, I had purchased a 2002 CRV keyless remote. This does not seam to work on this transmitter. I have already done all the troubleshooting on the wiring and the electric lock itself and all is in order. I believe that the coding does not match up with what is on the keyless receiver.

Mike

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Mike, this is the CRV remote;

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=left]The programming instructions are identicalto thosefor the GL1800 remote, I know because I have both units. You have to follow the instructions to the letter, sometimes a couple of attempts are needed. Note that in step 5 you need to programme your old remote as well (it's actually the bike you are programming to accept your remotes);[/align]

[align=left]1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.
2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.
5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.
6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s). [/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]BTW, the replacement remote shoud have FCC ID E4EG8DJ on the back. Also, I know that the older CRV remote (1997-99) work with the Wing, not sure about the later ones.[/align]

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks:

New to forum. Running 2007 1800 with ABS and the works.

My remote just stopped working. Dead. Kaput.

Replaced battery 3 times; remote LED flashes; but no reply from bike.

Tried the "re-programming" routine with no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse circuit for the remote?

Or have an other ideas?

Thanks very much,
M-j

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What country are you in as the different countries have different spec wings ,, Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins and reconnect and it should reset everything ,,Ciarna

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The fuse that controls the trunk and saddlebag lock circuit is number 31.

Then borrow a remote that works and try programming it to your bike....to eliminate the possibility your remote is bad.

If that does not work........then you have to pull pin connectors and check for good contact to ground and for a wire that may have an open circuit.

I threw my remote in a drawer the first day.....had never been out since........I just use the key......

Kit

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Wexman:

Thanks for reply. I'm in Pasadena, USA.

Just disconnect the battery (yanked only the NEG pole 'cause it's easiest).

Will let you know after the re-connect if it worked.

(For the record, I pulled all the fuses and found no problem there.)

Regards,
M-j

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Kit:

Thanks for circuit info, but 31 is good.

Closest remote is going to be at the dealer.

Will post the fix whenever the dealer figures it out (since I can't find anybody that's had THIS problem before ... unlike my left saddlebag!).

Thanks again,
M-j

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.