Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You're welcome.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

N0 2 Not sure about 1500's but on 1200's it will cause a little buff of blue smoke on start up.Normal on 12's

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Not for short perts but if it will be for extended long periods, like several months, it should be on the center stand.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I put mine on the center stand if it's going to sit for more than a few days........ Did I just say that out loud........

It does smoke less on start up, if at all, and less chance of creating flat spots on tires after sitting for long periods.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Better than on the crash bars;) Jay

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks! Bike will not sit for longer than a day or 2...it is my dialy rider now...selling my other 2 bikes!

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,586 Posts
imported post

I center mine any time it will sit for more than a couple of hours. I use the center stand every time I gas up.

Why is everyone so afraid to use the center stand?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dood...

First, let me say that is a fine example of a 1500 you have there...

Selling the other bikes are we? Daily rider? Face it, bro... you're a complete goner! You have now embarked on a new chapter in life... it's like first love all over again.

Lytle, Texas... if that is the Lytle I know, just southwest of San Antonio, you are close enough for meet-ups and day rides.

1. This coming weekend we have a ride upcoming to Leakey... not much of a ride for you but many of us are going to lay-over-night and ride back on Sunday. Join us!

2. Another member (DrifterTex, and his lovely wife Saralou) and I are both Texas teachers... so we have spring break off every year. We have an upcoming ride scheduled to Big Bend for this March 10th thru about the 16th. There is a sticky thread on the events forum here: Texas Horn Toads

And no... it is not bad to leave it on the stand for short periods.

T

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
I center mine any time it will sit for more than a couple of hours. I use the center stand every time I gas up.

You're not riding a 1500 with a small diameter dark-side tire... HEAVY!

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

well let me give my 2cents on this.... i belive in NO KICK STAND, just lay it down when you park it, its tired it needs its rest just let it lie down for a slumber kickstands are bad and should have never been put on the bike.

he he he

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,586 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
well let me give my 2cents on this.... i belive in NO KICK STAND, just lay it down when you park it, its tired it needs its rest just let it lie down for a slumber kickstands are bad and should have never been put on the bike.

he he he
Right you are, sir!

Spsst...someone get this man a straitjacket. :ssshh:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:

Dennis - we're thinking the same.

More info. When using the mfg suggested tires, a GL1500 centerstands soooooo easy compared to what you and I are used to with the GL1200.

My 1500s are always on center, almost all the time.

(It also comes off the centerstand awfully easy too.)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.