Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Kip's valve cover pegs interested me a lot. Has there been anymore info on them? Where were they to be marketed? I've lost the link.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

They were to originally be sold through Honda Direct. But some type of fuss that is not being told has happened. Honda Direct has made the statement today that they will not sell the items. We have also more or less been told to not discuss them on the board. That is a commercial board, the real reason may never be known. So at the moment it will be up to the maker of the pegs to market them on his own, set up his own web site and so on. Something happened on the big screen.

So far the test models have shown some problems.

The first problem being heat, that was my first instinct when I saw them, the heat issue would be a great consideration for many people. There is a lot of heat off those valve covers. Even with heavy boots on I can feel that heat in the summer.

The other was they do sit your legs and knees up high,

and if in the far forward position, your ankles hit the fairing. Kinda like riding a buffalo

Kit

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Kit, (apologies for misspelling your name on post)sometimes looks aren't everything I guess. Any recommendations on other aftermarket hwy pegs? I'm thinking of adding the utopian back rest and it seems hwy pegs would compliment this nicely

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Kip is cool, been called worse. :D:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I would highly recommend Mick O Pegs. Call Jim Mick after you look up their web site and talk to him. They have many models to choose from and depending on how you wish to sit on the bike, and how you wish to extend your legs, you inseam length and all that he will figure out the right model for you.

Yes they are pricey, but they are one of the magic solutions to comfort on the 1800.

I love mine on a long run, I can kinda slide forward in the seat, lean back against the Utopia and run in comfort all day.

I also like the air Hawk seat cushion, another lesson learned after trying half a dozen other models, and types.

Between the micks and the air hawk, at the end of a long day, riding into the sun, it is a sad time, as the day is gone. Not one where you wish it would end.

Kit

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks a million!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.