Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of cleaning up the carbs opn my '82 Interstate. I've never synced these carbs because I noticed early on that the sync adjuster screw on carb #4 is busted (half the slot is gone). I was able to remove it by gripping the remaining half of the slot with needlenose. I'd like to replace it.

I took the broken screw to the hardware store and found that it's an uncommon thread size - I think it's M4X0.5 (ISO fine). First, am I right on the size? Second, any ideas on where to source such a screw?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Ace hardware carries allen-head screws in the correct size, albeit a different screw, obviously.
Don't recall the exact size, but they got 'em 'cause I bought 'em.

Take it in and match it up.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Capt, I'll give 'em a try.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been to several hardware stores and all I could find so far is a half dozen nuts but NO bolts/screws of the correct size and pitch. M5-0.5 appears to be what's called for.

Bringing this post back to the top in hopes of findins someone with junk carbs that can spare their throttle sync adjuster screws...

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
You'll find it at a hardware store that stocks metric set screws, it will most likely have an Allen head but if it works, then it works.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll find it at a hardware store that stocks metric set screws, it will most likely have an Allen head but if it works, then it works.
Yep, that's what I usually do. Unfortunately I haven't found a hardware store yet that stocks M5-0.5 screws. They all have a ton of 0.8 which is the ISO Corse thread for M5, but none that stock fine thread.

I have a plan B if I can't source a the correct part or a screw with fine threads.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I'll check here on my end. I know I got them there..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.