Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my knee has finally gave up the ghost I think, off work a month or more so they hope it will heal without surgery. Im thinking I want a MRI now and lets get on with this thing. So tired of the pain and not being able to get up or down to do anything. Hurts more to try and get in my truck than it does to ride the bike, but I sure have to plan my stops since I dont use the rear brake and keep my right foot on the hwy peg. Not to bad to just run to the store and back though. I moved my seat back so i have more leg room. Wife wont be riding 2 up for a while though. Well if nothing else Im getting some honey do's done. I already fixed the sink, toilet, and shower from dripping. Wife was laughing about my chair I use to wheel around on, however she loved the stuff being fixed!

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,620 Posts
The sooner you get it taken care of, the better off you'll be. My brother and father have had both knees replaced and they both said they were pissed at themselves for not having it done sooner! Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
55,725 Posts
Have a MRI and see what the problem is and go from there and I dough they're going to heal...........

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,027 Posts
Well my knee has finally gave up the ghost I think, off work a month or more so they hope it will heal without surgery. Im thinking I want a MRI now and lets get on with this thing. So tired of the pain and not being able to get up or down to do anything. Hurts more to try and get in my truck than it does to ride the bike, but I sure have to plan my stops since I dont use the rear brake and keep my right foot on the hwy peg. Not to bad to just run to the store and back though. I moved my seat back so i have more leg room. Wife wont be riding 2 up for a while though. Well if nothing else Im getting some honey do's done. I already fixed the sink, toilet, and shower from dripping. Wife was laughing about my chair I use to wheel around on, however she loved the stuff being fixed!
I have been walking around on partial knee replacement for the last six years and my wife has had a hip for 7. These have made a huge improvement in the quality of life and have allowed us to remain active. If your doctor says you need one go for it. From a physiological standpoint it is a big thing. In the end it is worth it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that the motorcycle rally is over, I got a appointment for a MRI Wednesday. The Rally was great too, I did just under 500 miles, Hells canyon was 110 degree's and was like a oven. My last ride was just about 120 miles and we had a snowball fight on the top of the mountain it was great. Now going to get this knee fixed hopefully.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, FINALLY got my MRI today!!! After fighting with the insurance co. I guess they just wanted to pay me and have me sit here on the couch. Got a appointment to see the Ortho surgeon on the 16th as well. My knee is actually better in the pain department but worse as it locks up now and that is really tear jerking.

·
Premium Member
55,725 Posts
I just went out a kissed my MedaCare card.......

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,027 Posts
My ortho did one set of MRI. He told me we can image to determine if it needed a partial or a full or you can trust me to do what you want when I get in there. I chose to trust him. I'm happy with what I got and saved money too. When you go through with this, the most important thing is the physical therapy. Don't be afraid to bend it. I was at 90 degrees the day after. After the wrap came off I was near 100.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well had my DR. appointment and I have two torn spots on my Meniscus, and when I bend my knee they catch sometimes this causes the level 10 pain I get. So now i wait for insurance to approve a Arthroscopy to go in and trim them out. So maybe I can get back to work by Oct. but who knows Maybe I'll have this one fixed and then depending how it feels have the other one done. Since I can retire 100% in April of next year. I been doing my side business as well did good last month made almost 4K free and clear. Only complaint I got from here is there were to many vehicles and it looked like a car lot, lol! So much to do now though CR250 rebuild, Water pump on a dodge pu, window replacement on a car, and last but not least rebuild a rear end on a quad before hunting season no rest for the weary!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its 6mos later, not much has changed except I've had surgery. Going through physical therapy now, put me back on my cane or crutches today. I chose a cane! Havnt gotten to ride my bike since surgery as I couldnt work the foot brake quick enough. I just wanted to check in and tell everyone Merry Christmas and may you all be doing well and safe.
Only positive out of this is I have done a lot of stuff to the bike, floor boards, new headlight, brakes, finally got the windshield I made for it on and am happy with it. Again, Merry Christmas all!

·
Premium Member
55,725 Posts
Keep your chin up and remember T T T
Things
Take
Time

·
Premium Member
67,375 Posts
Merry Christmas!

May your therapy work wonders and you get the strength back and able to ride quickly.

·
Premium Member
58,457 Posts
And also a Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
55,725 Posts
Isn't Ground Hog day in the spring

1 - 20 of 44 Posts