Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
Have you tested the sensors? Have you cleaned the connections at the sensor? It seems to be a known problem that the ECM frequently fails with the knock sensor codes.

IIRC I used a Fluke 87 meter set on the Hz mode connected to the knock sensor and GND. Then tap on the cylinder head in the sensor area . You should get a reading. Sorry I don't recall what the Hz reading was when I did this but both side were similar. I would think it strange for both to fail at the same time.

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Have you tested the sensors? Have you cleaned the connections at the sensor? It seems to be a known problem that the ECM frequently fails with the knock sensor codes.

IIRC I used a Fluke 87 meter set on the Hz mode connected to the knock sensor and GND. Then tap on the cylinder head in the sensor area . You should get a reading. Sorry I don't recall what the Hz reading was when I did this but both side were similar. I would think it strange for both to fail at the same time.
Doesn't matter what the HZ reading is as long as it does show something. You are right, it is extremely likely it is the ECM, not the sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts