Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello all, i seem to have a problem with my drive when running out of gear no noise drive it forward and a knocking occurs turn off engine push the bike still nocking bike on stand in gear so rear wheel moves nock, remove drive shaft and it stops, but the funny thing is if i pull the driveshaft a little over half way back and run her the noise stops but as soon as the thing is fully on the knock comes back. i am at your mercy as to what it may be as this is my first wing and i dont want to scrap her

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Change your U-joint.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks do you think that this will fix it?. i just wasn't sure if it may have been the final drive or the shaft uv

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Could be either but from your description, I'm betting on the U-joint.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I agree, U-joint would be the first thing to look at.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

had uv joint checked ok but inside the swingarm you can see the mark on the inner most side where it is cathcing could the engine and swingarm be out of alingment?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I would, for saftey's sake,closely check for rusted pivot points on the swingarm.Sounds to me if something is out of alignment. Please keep us posted! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

just to let you all know bike is fixed. the problem was the bearings in the swingarm replaced them and everything works great, thanks to all for your input it was much needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.