Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To My Fellow Goldwing Riders,

I like to give positive feedback when I can and this company deserves it. In January, I found a ‘new old stock’ windshield on eBay for my 2005 GL1800, from a Harley dealer of all places. They told me it was about 3 years old but was still in the sealed box. The price they had it up for was a steal compared to the new price, so I bought it.

Everything was fine and I installed the windshield in April. I rode with it, enjoying the clear view and ease of maintenance. Then in August, I noticed the windshield was shedding some of its top layer in the front. Well, even though I got a great price, the windshield had a warranty so I contacted the manufacturer.

I sent an e-mail with pictures over a weekend, explaining the circumstances and to my surprise, I got a call from one of the owners of the company bright and early on Monday morning. After a brief conversation, he said that even though it was now 4 years old and was obtained from a third party, nevertheless, he would honor the warranty and ship me a new windshield.

About a half hour after that conversation, the company called me back and informed me the windshield was shipping that day and offered contact information (a cell phone number!) so if I had any questions or issues during installation, I could call. I did receive the new windshield and all is well.

Now, it’s time to unveil this super-company; F4 Customs Windshields (www.f4customs.com)

Thanks for reading my story. Wouldn’t it be great if all companies treated their customers this way? Anyway, I want to thank Don Frank at F4 Customs for his great customer service and for backing up his product.

Dave Torrey
Danville PA

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
To My Fellow Goldwing Riders,

I like to give positive feedback when I can and this company deserves it. In January, I found a ‘new old stock’ windshield on eBay for my 2005 GL1800, from a Harley dealer of all places. They told me it was about 3 years old but was still in the sealed box. The price they had it up for was a steal compared to the new price, so I bought it.

Everything was fine and I installed the windshield in April. I rode with it, enjoying the clear view and ease of maintenance. Then in August, I noticed the windshield was shedding some of its top layer in the front. Well, even though I got a great price, the windshield had a warranty so I contacted the manufacturer.

I sent an e-mail with pictures over a weekend, explaining the circumstances and to my surprise, I got a call from one of the owners of the company bright and early on Monday morning. After a brief conversation, he said that even though it was now 4 years old and was obtained from a third party, nevertheless, he would honor the warranty and ship me a new windshield.

About a half hour after that conversation, the company called me back and informed me the windshield was shipping that day and offered contact information (a cell phone number!) so if I had any questions or issues during installation, I could call. I did receive the new windshield and all is well.

Now, it’s time to unveil this super-company; F4 Customs Windshields (www.f4customs.com)

Thanks for reading my story. Wouldn’t it be great if all companies treated their customers this way? Anyway, I want to thank Don Frank at F4 Customs for his great customer service and for backing up his product.

Dave Torrey
Danville PA
I'd be a bit wary when this kind of post is the only one he ever made. Makes me wonder about him owning the company.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I'd be a bit wary when this kind of post is the only one he ever made. Makes me wonder about him owning the company.
Ditto........

First post............ ??

Pretty low of F4 if they have anything to do with it, if ya ask me. Not a good way to get business (deceptive).

I guess we all need to start looking for F4 shields that are just shy of 4 years old and start getting new ones in return for them.............

From F4's webside:
F4 Customs LLC Warranty F4 Customs LLC warrants that all products are manufactured to the highest quality standards.
If upon receipt of the windshield you determine that you have a manufacturing defect, contact us immediately and do
not install the windshield. If the windshield is installed, then all defect claims may become void. Each defect claim will be handled on an individual basis. F4 Customs LLC will make the final determination and this ruling will be final. F4 Customs LLC offers a four year limited warranty on their windshields against breakage, hazing, discoloration or delaminating.
All shields are warranted in full for a period of two years from the purchase date, and prorated for the following two
years. F4 Customs LLC does not warrant the windshield against scratches as F4 Customs LLC cannot control the care of the windshield

So they gave you a new screen?? Didn't prorate as per their warranty states??

I call BS

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I think you're wrong on this one Larry.

I'm guessing Steve would know. He has a very positive review long before this posting.

Could be the Fella was surfing the 'Net and found Steve's review, figuring this the best place for his comment...

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
He might be genuine, I mean he did out his name to his post. Most spam type posts don't have a real name ini them.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Maybe this is the same Fella?

..or this?

...or this?

....or this?

.....or this?

......or this?

I'm guessing he went from a Cruiser-bike to a GL.

I buy the review as legit, but I ride a 1000 :)

EDIT: Well, looking at the history of the username, and the recent spam with this post, ...I gotta rethink my own view. One of the more established usernames if used for spam. Same profile pic, no posted pics, last activity 2 years ago until across-the-board posting of this exact post on the 13th, etc.... I think you're right Larry. SPAM! My apologies... Live and Learn, eh? :)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I originally thought this was genuine, but I am beginning to have some doubts.

Look at the user profile for Dave, he has only had the one post and has not had any additional activity since writing this post. I would think a genuine user would have more activity since writing this post, and I would also like to think that he would chime in when there is doubt.

Ed

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Yes CaptainMidnight85 I sure could be wrong. That is why I posted that it makes me wonder and not that it is just an advertisement. But it looks suspicious and I have found in the past that if it looks suspicious, more often than not, something is wrong. So far it's five days and no other posts. Would you go through the trouble to sign up with a website if that was the only thing you had to post? I wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
He signed up on the GL1800 site and has only one post about the same thing. Could be he was happy with the service and just wanted to let other Goldwing riders to know about it. Probably nothing nefarious about it. Lots of one post wonders on this site. (one post and then you wonder what happened to them) I don't see it as spam.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, pretty pessimistic folks here

This is Dave Torrey. I'm Vice-President of the Milton, PA chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association. I posted the kudos and I have no affiliation with F4 Custom Windshields. Please just take this in the spirtit it was intended; good news in a world of pessimism.

Peace,
Dave

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Sheesh. I feel like the backs of my hands should be smacked with a ruler, Dave.
I've now found myself as the Old Bitty on a fence talking of my neighbors with little regard to occupying my own time in a more productive way. I've been saying I act younger than my actual age. Proof-Positive again.

I started-out well but, ...found the insanity of the Internet too tempting.

In reality your posting coincides with MANY other postings in reference to F4 and their dealings with their customers, including a review from the Fella that started this Forum; Steve Saunders himself. I know this because of my absurd snooping effort of your posting.

I should stick with the Technical Forum (as I've told myself many times before). Whatever deductive reasoning I use there does not seem to transfer over here very well at all.

Take care, Dave. Good review. Apologies to you.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Your not listed.........
Every Chapter has a VP.
Not every Chapter lists every Member for a variety of reasons.
May be... this Gentleman has a reason of his own.
May be... we should take his post for what it is as he has asked us to do.

:)

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I want to point out that Dave could very well be all that he claims. I have no way of knowing. But as a retired LEO I am just naturally suspicious. One post on 2 different websites (maybe more) and both are to give kudos to a parts supplier? Yes I am still suspicious. I see that he has posted a second time, that is in his favor. I will watch and see if he posts like the rest of the users here.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check Again

Ok, y'all, I figured I'd try to settle this again. if you re-check the link to the CMA chapter leadership, you will see it has been updated to include all of our officers.

Yes, I posted the kudos on 5 websites discussion forums. I was excited to get the story out to as many as I could. I had never posted on any site before. The reason I am posting here again is this forum gave me the most feedback. Actually, I think I will just stay here since the activity seems good. I actually didn't realize people would question the post in the way it has. I guess I'm a bit naive.

Anyway, I'll be in and out from time to time.

God Bless,
Dave

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Despite this particular drama (which I'm guilty of contributing to) this is a very good, very well established Forum with lots of activity. In fact, so much activity that spam posts are, some times, caught by Members before the Moderators get a chance to delete them out. Sometimes we get a bit zealous in the hunt of it for whatever reason. Very little spam gets in here (due to the invisible efforts of a excelllent Moderating Team), but if it does ...hold on!

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Well it sure looks like he's real, lol :claps::claps::claps:

As far as F4 is concerned, they are well known for a great reputation and product. I've never had one but I have looked at them for years and have had difficulty finding anyone who has something negative to say other than the price of a new screen.

I bet if we all looked around a bit we'd find someone who knows something and could really tell a great story about the company.

Anyway, welcome to the friendliest place for gold wingers on the net dmtorrey. Don't be a stranger and share some pictures of your ride and that f4 windscreen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.