Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just been reading the thread about the tape for the Kuryakyn chrome cylinder covers and a thought occurred to me. Seeing as they are made of steel and chromed to boot, do they make the head run hotter? I mean the rocker covers need to shed the heat build-up as well and I'm curious if those covers will trap heat or cause problems. I would imagine that they get quite hot when the engine is running anyway. :?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I have them fitted and took part in the Blackpool light Run on the Golden Mile last Saturday. During the run my engine got very hot, with at times the temp gauge going very high until cooled down by the fan which did it's job well. When we ocassionally stopped during the run for traffic lights I actually felt the covers as I had a similar concern to yours. They were actually fine considering the riding conditions. It was quite a hot night and I wasn't wearing gloves but the covers were not anywhere as hot as I expected them tobe given the temperature indicated on the dash. I rode home to Ireland straight after the event and have done a few runs since, yet they are still well and truely stuck fast. I would add that a number of 1800's on the run were running very hot, having to actually stopbut I had no problems, with the fan coming on and cooling it down to normal temp several times during the run.During normal riding conditions I have experienced no change in temp readings with them fitted and they don't appear to get that hot.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That's a good sign if theengine got no hotter than normal with the covers fitted. I wouldn't want to be encouraging more heat than normal on an 1800, just in case! :D:D

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

I'd be more curious if the rocker covers will deteriorate or rot under the nice chrome ones. After all its not like you will be able to clean your rocker covers with those chrome ones stuck fast over them! :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.