Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone tried the Kuryakan Dragon Wing deflectors? I Have had a problem with the back of my hands freezing even with insulated gloves. I have heated grips and the palms are fine but on my recent trip to Duluth and riding in the rain I had a great deal of trouble with arthritis in my knuckles and couldn't make a fist for a week. I am wonderingif they will offer more protection from he wind and rain.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

As opposed to what? Nothing? The Baker handwings work in the closed position ok, but I've had a lot of problems with them swinging around from the open position to the closed position on their own. It's almost to the point of removing them in hot weather or directing them into a neutral position.

You should see a big change when the temperatures drop with the hand wings though.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Daveo wrote:
As opposed to what? Nothing? The Baker handwings work in the closed position ok, but I've had a lot of problems with them swinging around from the open position to the closed position on their own. It's almost to the point of removing them in hot weather or directing them into a neutral position.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

You can adjust the tension in the hinge.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think the Kuryakn stuff looks better on the bike then baker and they cover a laqrger area. I just want to know if they will do what I want.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Daveo wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

You can adjust the tension in the hinge.
Yes, but not to much effect. I've complained to Baker and talked to the president about it. He was telling me that I have them adjusted to tight. :? There just didn't seem to be any good tension. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the protectall spray that I use all over the bike. It is kind of slippery and might be effecting the tension on the hand wings. It doesn't seem to bother the wind wings.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

I had Wind Wings on my 1500 and they seemed to stay where I put them. Very seldom had them move after being adjusted.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Has anyone tried the Kuryakan Dragon Wing deflectors?
As rare as dragons are these days they really aren't necessary.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Twenty Thousand Nine Hundred and Thirty. That's about 16 posts a day for 4 years. That's amazing.

I haven't seen a 1800 with the dragon wings on it up close and personal. From the pictures it would appear that it widens the fairing possibly back to a width like the old 1500 was. That would certainly cut down on wind and probably make it warmer for you. With the baker wings and the foot wings, and the lower heater vents open, I keep nice and toasty in cool weather. Also in the summer time with the wind wings set to deflect the radiator air and the lower heater vents closed, it is still very toasty. I miss my old 1500 with the baker wings on it. I got a lot more cool air off of those than these 1800 baker wind wings.

They are on sale for a little more than the Baker wind wings by themselves go for. So it would save you some money if you liked the kuryakyn's. because they do the job of the wind wings and hand wings.

Good luck!

Daveo

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.