Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a 2008 GL1800. I purchased the Kuryakan Pulsating Brake light. I am looking for the green and red wire under the seat, which I think I found. I used the light/continuity tester, and it blinks when I pull the brake, but once connected, the pulsating unit does not blink.

I am lost. See pics. I was so sure I had it all correct, I even installed the ground to the device. I disconnected the unit, and the ground wire is looking a little lonely.

This unit is supposed to handle up to 6 lights when connected from the under the seat location. I just reconnected the wire with a Posi-lock connector until one end fell into the innards of the motorcycle. I hope it will fall out one day.

Should I worry about it? The installation seemed so easy from the Kuryakan video. Is this the correct wire? Help!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,006 Posts
What do you mean by "it blinks when I pull the brake, but once connected, the pulsating unit does not blink." How would it blink when it's not connected? Are you sure you have it connected the right way? It would be upside down with the wires connected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for my confusing writing. The pulsating brake controller has never blinked or flashed when connected. The continuity/test light has flashed off and on when the brakes have been engaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts