Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello,

My name's Mike and I need help for my father. He's the owner of a Goldwing 1800 2007'.

He bought some accessories from Kuryakyn. Very easy to mount but we had some problems with the Y-cable supplied with the accessory.

In fact the accessory is : Glow Ring Exhaust Extensions. In the instruction sheet, we can read the we must to found the red or blue connector (behind the rear panel where is located the licence plate).

We found the red and blue connector but once we plug the Y-cable supplied we'have 2 free connectors and it's not work :?

In attachment you could see the raea panel open with the connectors.

A guy from Kuryakyn support told me that normally we must to have two red connectors and two blue connectors (behind the rear panel where is located the licence plate).

I don't understand why we don't have it on my father's goldwing :?

Is anybody can tell me if there's a diffrence between US versions and Euro version of goldwing for Kuryakyn accessories ? And how to solve my problem ?

Ps : sorry for my english but I try as well I can ! :)

Thaks a lot !!!!

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi mike there is a differance in the us and european bikes as the european does not come with the top trunk lights you may have to hard wire the exhaust tips into the bike just looking at the photo i assume you swaped connectors and should you not have connected the red plug also

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The Euri models are always wired different Mike and the aftermarket people like Kury don't make versions of their products for them. Many electrical accessories are like this and need to be hard wired.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Hello,

Many thanks for reply but could you explain to me cause I don't understand all.

What doest that mean : hard wired the exaust tips ?

Must I cut the wires on red or blue connector to have DC ?

If you could explain me with a picture or a draw cause my english could be better ;)

Many Many thanks again !

Mike

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi mike hard wire is to cut the connectors off and solder into the bike wires direct if you want the lights to come on with the rear running lights you just need to find what wire is + or - and connect to one of the rear lights its self

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.