Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I posted this on the usual GL1800 forums so should get an answer from someone. I bought the Kury "Lightning" chrome cylinder head covers last week and today fitted them to my 1800. They are made of metal and are fairly hefty and I'm wondering if the 3 or 4 double sided tabs (allegedly heat resistant) are really enough to keep them in place in real-world conditions (rain etc). They do look real nice but I am curious if anyone else has reservations about this or had problems, even though the items have only been available a few months. I put some extra DS tape on but it may not resist the heat as well.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I don't want to use silicone John. I know it will hold the covers fine but if I need to take them off (maintenance, selling bike or whatever) I know that silicone won't come off easy. It leaves a real mess on paintwork (including cylinder head lacquer) and needs to be sanded off. I'm going to do a search for heat resistant DS tape and will get a roll of it and plaster it all over the inner surfaces, that way the covers won't fall off and if I do remove them the tape residue will be easily removed with a petrol rag.
I only got the side of your bike that didn't have the cover on, sorry about that. You can see it (with the top of your bike as well) with Nick Fowlers work about half way down this page; http://www.goldwingfacts.com/picturepage29.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.