1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have one of these?

They claim:
"The Hornet system is far more effective because of its electronic operation. Regardless of speed, it produces a sound pressure of 120 db, and under most circumstances is very resistant to contamination. As with any accessory, its performance is only as good as its installation. Proper placement is essential for maximum performance. Detailed instructions make for an easy and effective installation. There is no substitute for driver awareness, but the Hornet is the best defense against a deer collision available to date."

http://tinyurl.com/9vagw6

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

And it does what?

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

sssssssshhhhhhh - It scares off deer :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Soooooooooo...it's an electric deer alert???

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Seems to be - with a switch. May have some merit ;)

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

With a switch? That means that you can actually choose the time you wish for deer to run out in front of you, versus never having one run out, or always having them run out?

SWEET! The switch is what sold it for me! :D

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Me too :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Probably pass on the deer alert, but a nice site.....

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I need a bear alert, seen more bear in the last two years than deer by far. They are a lot slower but they would be like hitting a cow. Angeles Forest right behind me.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Ever deer hunt? No not like the modern day hunter sitting up in a stand with a long range rifle, but actually hunt on their level.

I can assure you a deer can hear a twig snap at 75 yards. They can hear the safety on the weapon slip off at 50 yards.

Deer can hear. So why would anyone think they cannot hear a motorcycle, and or car?

Many times they do hear them, and at night it is the lights of the oncoming vehicle that confuses them and caused them to run out in front of you or even hit the side of the bike or vehicle.

Daytime, normally the deer is running, being pursued, low to the ground and is intent on escape. Along you come at the same time it does.

Honestly think it is just another gadget.

I would like to find something that does work, but just like human reactions to a situation all differ, so does an animals. So noise sometimes can actually startle an animal into running, and sometimes right into your path.

Nothing works I think, but your own eyes.

Kit

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger has one like that on his 1800. When he hit the deer the thing was off because no one can stand the noise it makes when running. More like a rider repeller than a deer repeller. Odd looking thing, like a hose barb for a large hose. I posted a picture of him and the thingy awhile back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.