Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking at ordering these pegs and was wondering if anyone has these or knows anything about them. With the heel support they look pretty comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have a set of those, lying out in the garage somewhere. So you really want a true opinion. :D I hate those things. :shock: The heel rest is held in place but the outside nut on the shaft of the main foot peg. It is a friction fit and no matter how hard you tighten it, the heel rest will slip. The very first time you put a bit of pressure on them such as to push to shift your butt back on the seat, they move. Arrrrrgggg!!!!

I gave up on the stupid things. I suppose if for one person, and you wanted to you could drill and pin the heel rest through the body of the peg and stop that, have to be a small pin, might take two for strength.

Well you asked.................Sorry!! Add on has a similar pair, an exact copy and no better.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kit, you've definitely made me leary of them, but I'd still like to try them, have a couple of idea's. I was wondering, what would you want for your set if not going to use them anymore?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Kit, you've definitely made me leary of them, but I'd still like to try them, have a couple of idea's. I was wondering, what would you want for your set if not going to use them anymore?
The set I have is a bit more elaborate than those particular ones and have an arched flat and curved bar with set pins that you can adjust for different heights. Like this.

GL1800 Chrome Highway Pegs w/Heel Rest - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

If you think they will work on your bike , surely they would, I think the engine guard is the same size.

If you look at these and like them .............the price is a 25 dollar donation to the site. And whatever the shipping costs.

If you think they will work, PM me your address and I will get around to sending them to you end of the week.

Kit

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Kit let me know if Richard doesn't want to try them, because I definitely do.
Thx Tom

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sounds good - PM sent.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've got a pair of the offsetISO highway pegs and really like them. Thanks to the NASSIR auction and Silver Fox's senior moment.:cooldevil: I really like them, I rode from the West Coast to Georgia without them and rode back home with them. MUCH more comfortable. I like the offset version because you can adjust the position of the pegs through a much greater range.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/3/scID/72/IMID/307

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

These are the ones I got on mine, from Cyclemax

I find them very comfortable and as Paul said, very adjustable. :clapper:

I do find however, that no matter how tight I tighten them down, they will slip from my weight, when shifting position, like Kit stated. Easy fix though. I know JLuvs2dive added a strip of sandpaper underneath of the clamp and I plan to use a piece of bicycle inner tube there instead, to prevent any possible scratches. :action:

Dusty

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I recommended shimming with finewet/drysandpaperto Jluvs2dive when he was having slipping problems with his pegs. I used the same sandpaper on mine because I couldn't get them to stop slipping. Cut a strip to line the clamp with the grit facing away from the engine guard. I haven't had either peg slip since. I specified wet/dry sandpaper so rain wouldn't soften the stuff. Rubber might work but you'd have to get some pretty thin rubber. I didn't use rubber because of it's tendency to creep under pressure.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

See there you go, I just learned a new trick. Always there is a way. Some one will know about it. Never thought about that, makes sense to me.

Hey Exavid, glad you like the pegs. I carried them up to the auction. Glad you ended up with them. I tried a bunch of them, and finally settled on the Mick-O-Pegs. I like down and relaxed with my legs and not up and around the buffalo:action: Kit

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Dusty/Paul,

Where'd ya'll mount yours? I have the same set, mounted them, and used them on a ride Saturday. A little uncomfortable as they are mounted too high on the guard I guess. I stole them from my 1100 before selling, bought the 1" clamps, but need some hints on where you guys mounted yours. I am thinking down and farther away, but if you guys have some pix that'd be great.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Mine are located on the bottom 'rail', close to the front, with the 'arm' tilted up and back toward the rear of the bike @ 45*.

It takes some 'fiddling around' to find a sweet spot that suits you.

This shot was taken by JLuvs2dive, en route to Gawga,somewhere between Marion IL and Chattanooga TN. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I have a floor board foot res on my 1200 that the PO put on, I like the full foot rest but haven't quite foun a comfortable position yet, almost like I can ;'t get thme far enough away for my leg length. I guess I could get another bracket and mount them farther forward.

Ritchie:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

da_bull wrote:
Dusty/Paul,

Where'd ya'll mount yours? I have the same set, mounted them, and used them on a ride Saturday.
Mine are mounted and adjust pretty much the same as Dusty's. After trying several different positions for the pegs that's where they ended up.

Thanks for bringing those ISO pegs to the auction Kit, they are much appreciated.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

My ears were burnin' and I didn't know why, until I found this thread. :D

Exavid is full of good ideas, and his wet/dry sandpaper idea was just a fine example of one of them.

One thing to note on this offset type with a late model 1500 style of crash bars, the clamp is a bit of a pain. You will have to pry the crash bar down a littleor loosen the crash bar bolts to install them. Also, you either have to mount them with the hinge of the clamp wedged under the valve cover or the pegs will be sloped down to the outside, and they will drag very easily.

I wasn't thrilled with the location on mine either, and figured I'd have to go with Mick-O-Pegs to get the comfort I want, still might, but my new Hartco seat has me sitting higher, so the cruise pegs and rider pegs both have my legs in a more comfortable position. Haven't taken a long trip yet since I got my seat, so can't say for sure.

John

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Thanks fellers. I am on the top bar rotated down and back at about 45 degrees. I was worried about scraping them in a turn. I dont do any sport bike knee draggers or anything, just sayin'

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If you start getting into some twisty stuff, they will drag, so I fold them up until I'm on a straighter section of blacktop.:2finger:

Hell, even then, I've had my boots drag while on the normal driver's pegs in some tight stuff. ;)

Dusty

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, I fold mine in the twisties and in town, it's takes too much effort and time to get off and on thepegs when you may have to use the brakes or shift.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I have the large ISO pegs and the longhorn mounts. They lock into position and don't move. Extremely adjustable. Not cheap but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I'm wondering if a star washer on either side of the post for the heel would work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.