Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got a problem wiring the fender tip on a 2010 GL1800. It came with the plug & play wiring harness so I followed the instructions and expected everything to work.

But it didn't and it's not the LEDS...I think it's something to do with the wiring harness...and I've tried a 2nd harness and it's the same outcome and I've tried the RED and the BLUE connectors as the instructions suggest.

It's the exact same situation for the Rear Reflector LED Replacement.

Has anyone come across this ?

I'm completely baffled !!!!!

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I didn't realize the Kury tip was a direct plugin to the Australian 1800 harness. I thought they had to be hard-wired in.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That might be the case..
It came with a harness and I used it. I want to be sure that's what the problem is before I go hacking the Wing's wiring. Hence my question to the forum.
If my recollection is right, the Euro models have the same configuration as the Australian in that the saddle bag rear lights don't exist. (i.e no connectors behind the lens). If that's the case, I suspect therein lies my problem.
But hey - I could have missed something...

Hopefully, someone's got the answer for me...

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You will have to splice it in Cowz, the connector you plugged into will be the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Ted.

I figured it would be the outcome.

It's not a big deal but it's a pity...the harness would have made it real tidy. Oh well, roll on the weekend...

Cheers

Adrian

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Ted is correct Adrian. You are going to have to splice into the main trunk light wires for this, and bring a feed down behind the fender.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

GOOD NEWS,

Thanks to the info available here I now have the lights working.

I'm also writing it up because I constructed a wiring loom that means I can continue to add Kuryakyn accessories and no more splicing.

It means I can add saddlebag lighting at a later stage and also plug into my new loom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.