Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have knowledge of this spoiler and how it looks mounted on the gl1800. How hard is the installation? how does the finish hold up over time?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would like to see pictures with it mounted on a few bikes... I thinking about getting this one instead of the factory spoiler.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
:waving:
Hey there Rocky,

I am assuming you're talking about this one here.. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3937/Chrome-Low-Profile-Spoiler

While I do not have one, I have looked at it as well and like it quite a bit and am curious as to others opinions on it also.

As for the finish, My other Kuryakyn chrome pieces have held up quite well and still look brand new. So, I would not expect anything less from this.

I did a google search for images of it and the few pictures that I could find. It looked pretty sharp mounted on the goldwing and a lot nicer then the factory one. Hopefully someone who actually has one mounted will be along soon and answer any questions and maybe even post some pics. ;);)

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
They say the two ends if the LED strip work as turn signals, yet in the pictures only the end on the right side is amber. Anyone know why that is?

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I'd say they just caught the picture with the right turn signal on. Looks pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ziadelsol....

Thanks for the time you took to post the message with the link, it provided a view of the spoiler I had not seen before. While personally I think the wing pictured is a bit overdressed for my taste....sometimes too much is just that....too much. A few items I saw I will look into. As for the spoiler...I think it looks great mounted in the bike. I will also get the Tour Pack luggage rack also. I will get both at the same time so I dont have to open the hardware twice to install them.

My bike is an 2009 audio comfort model, deep blue metalic so the chrome items really stand out. I have some options added already just want to finish the rear to my taste. Thanks again. Now if I can find the parts for a decent price...I will get them both in the next 30 days.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I have one installed on my 2001 wing and I love it. Way better than factory IMHO. I waited a long time for someone to market a chrome one, then I jumped on it as soon as it came out.
The template for mounting is very good but make sure you put down masking tape on the trunk first and then measure and mark up the tape rather than scratch the trunk. I got it exactly where I wanted it and it looks great. Wiring is plug and play. Bought it at Cyclemax, Ohio. http://cyclemax.com/

I can't seem to load pics, because my files are too big and I haven't figured out how to shrink them so if you want to see pics of it installed on my bike send me your email address and I can then send you some that way.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Oh, and as far as the amber light only seen on one side in the pic shown in some-one's link? It is amber both sides but only shows up when signal is on, and red shows up in the center section when brake is applied. Yes, that pic was taken when the turn signal was on ...lol

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
I have one installed on my 2001 wing and I love it. Way better than factory IMHO. I waited a long time for someone to market a chrome one, then I jumped on it as soon as it came out.
The template for mounting is very good but make sure you put down masking tape on the trunk first and then measure and mark up the tape rather than scratch the trunk. I got it exactly where I wanted it and it looks great. Wiring is plug and play. Bought it at Cyclemax, Ohio. http://cyclemax.com/

I can't seem to load pics, because my files are too big and I haven't figured out how to shrink them so if you want to see pics of it installed on my bike send me your email address and I can then send you some that way.
How long have you had it installed????

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Just Be forewarned All Kuryakyn Products

Limited Warranty

Küryakyn warrants that any Küryakyn products sold hereunder, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer excepting the following provisions:

Küryakyn shall have no obligation in the event the customer is unable to provide a receipt showing the date the customer purchased the product(s).
The product must be properly installed, maintained and operated under normal conditions.
Küryakyn makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to any gold plated products.
Küryakyn shall not be liable for any consequential and incidental damages, including labor and paint, resulting from failure of a Küryakyn product, failure to deliver, delay in delivery, delivery in nonconforming condition, or for any breech of contract or duty between Küryakyn and a customer.
Küryakyn products are often intended for use in specific applications. Küryakyn makes no warranty if a Küryakyn product is used in applications other than intended.
Küryakyn electrical products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. L.E.D.’s contained in components of Küryakyn products will be warranted for defects in materials & workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase where as all other components shall be warranted for one (1) year. This includes, but is not limited to; control modules, wiring, chrome & other components.
Exhaust systems are warranted for manufacturing defects only. There is no warranty on exhaust pipes & mufflers with regard to any discoloration. Discoloration or “blueing” is caused by tuning characteristics, exhaust timing, carburetor jetting, overheating, etc. & is not caused by defective manufacturing.
Küryakyn makes no warranty of any kind in regard to other manufacturer’s products distributed by Küryakyn. Küryakyn will pass on all warranties made by the manufacturer & where possible, will expedite the claim on behalf of the customer, but ultimately, responsibility for disposition of the warranty claim lies with the manufacturer.
Merchandise purchased directly from internet auction sites are considered sold as is & shall not carry a Küryakyn warranty. All claims must be directed to the original seller on respective internet auction site.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Here are some pics of the spoiler installed. I used a downsizing tool on line for the photos, they look a little out of shape but you get the idea what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my request.. I can't seem to find decent picture of the spoiler installed on a gl1800. My email address is [email protected] . Thanks for taking time to share, Happy Holidys !!!

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
Just Be forewarned All Kuryakyn Products

Limited Warranty

Küryakyn warrants that any Küryakyn products sold hereunder, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer excepting the following provisions:

Küryakyn shall have no obligation in the event the customer is unable to provide a receipt showing the date the customer purchased the product(s).
The product must be properly installed, maintained and operated under normal conditions.
Küryakyn makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to any gold plated products.
Küryakyn shall not be liable for any consequential and incidental damages, including labor and paint, resulting from failure of a Küryakyn product, failure to deliver, delay in delivery, delivery in nonconforming condition, or for any breech of contract or duty between Küryakyn and a customer.
Küryakyn products are often intended for use in specific applications. Küryakyn makes no warranty if a Küryakyn product is used in applications other than intended.
Küryakyn electrical products are warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. L.E.D.’s contained in components of Küryakyn products will be warranted for defects in materials & workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase where as all other components shall be warranted for one (1) year. This includes, but is not limited to; control modules, wiring, chrome & other components.
Exhaust systems are warranted for manufacturing defects only. There is no warranty on exhaust pipes & mufflers with regard to any discoloration. Discoloration or “blueing” is caused by tuning characteristics, exhaust timing, carburetor jetting, overheating, etc. & is not caused by defective manufacturing.
Küryakyn makes no warranty of any kind in regard to other manufacturer’s products distributed by Küryakyn. Küryakyn will pass on all warranties made by the manufacturer & where possible, will expedite the claim on behalf of the customer, but ultimately, responsibility for disposition of the warranty claim lies with the manufacturer.
Merchandise purchased directly from internet auction sites are considered sold as is & shall not carry a Küryakyn warranty. All claims must be directed to the original seller on respective internet auction site.
Many times I have posted about the durability(lack of) of the chrome on Kury's plastic and aluminum products! Recently rec'd a message from Kury stating they have replaced many parts, out of warranty. "Seems to be the same parts" However, I do not want to replace these poorly plated parts all the time!
Plated parts that have a metal base seem to endure!

Had it installed about 1 1/2 yrs now and works great
Thanks, I was wondering how the chrome was holding up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.