Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
does anybody know if 7151 by kuryakyn fits the gl1500 trunk? The show chrome one 52-703 seems to fit 1500 and 1800 ...

Thanks
Andrea

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
The 7151 only fits the GL1800. The Showchrome 52-703 also only fits the GL1800. The trunk on GL1500 and 1800 are completely different, there are no trunk racks I know of that fit both models.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
The installation instructions which they provide a link to on the same page refer only to the 1800.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You had better call BBParts to verify.
That looks like the Kuryakan GL1800 rack, if it is the chrome flakes real quick on those and Kury only warranties it for 1 year and only if you have the receipt.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
I would be very leery of a rack listed as fitting 3 different bikes on which the contour of the tour pack lids are different!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
The bad part is that most of the racks I've seen don't manufacture the legs to be perpendicular to the lid angle they are supposed to fit in the first place.
This substantially contributes to lid cracking even when riser boots are used.
This is another reason to always use the rubber/metal star washers and never tighten them down past barely snug.
My complaint about the billet plate Kuryakyn racks is the square corners of the cuts and the ease at which the chrome goes bad there.
I MUCH prefer the tubular round Show Chrome rack to most any others on the GL1500, personally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.