Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yikes. I had Progressive back in VA ~$165 a year. Just moved to KY and with the same coverages it now comes to $750 a year!

Now what's going on here? Why is KY so much more $$$ than VA? Lack of helmet law or bad drivers? I have my other insurance through State Farm and they quoted me considerably less but still need to talk with them to confirm the rate.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You need KY with that insurance rate.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Progressive here in Florida is the best I could find. I think mine runs about $550.00 a year and that includes the minimum to ride helmetless if I wish.

It is also covering loss of the bike. Might not buy me a new one, but then maybe I'll get enough to buy another good 1200 like mine.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

depending on your coverages, I'm in ky and got full coverage for 203 for the year from Geico. BUT the first quote from them was 456. When I didn't bite, they emailed me a couple of weeks later and it was dropped to the 203. Said I would get a 10% discount when i renew in March. Hopefully that will come through but who knows

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Chris. I also live in Ky. and have had progressive for both my cars and motorcycles. I have just recently changed from progressive to Foremost on my trike and saved about half on the premium. I have full coverage on an 02 goldwing trike for $230.00 per yr. I would suggest checking with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.