Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So now I'm looking for another one, I didn't now it was the radio antenna, just looked like a piece of paper to me, I thought the unused CB antenna was the radio antenna and now the radio doesn't work, the plugs are different andradio shack doesn't have a replacement for the plug so's I can change it out and use the CB antenna, I'm not asking for charity, I'll pay. Thanks gentlemen.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

not sure of the system ,hondaline , vetter , cycle sound , you have. or what your asking for. most common antenna leads for all of them is the RCA ends. a pic might help. there is a adapter made that will allow you to adapted different ends to different ends. either a ham (radio) or a CB shop at a truck stop should help you out .

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It's a Cycle Sound brand and is like 2 sheets of paper about 15" x 10" with the antenna laminated between them,it lays on top of the radio unit inside the cowling between the speakers and has a plug that goes into the radio unit.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

ok , so you threw the radio antenna away. now the radio don't work too good. yes the CB antenna can be used for the radio antenna. i am assuming that you have the hondaline antenna set up? with no CB. right?? if so what you need to find is the proper length extension cable that you can reach to your radio. you may have to put a small hole in your radio case to route the cable.the cable ends are RCA. male on one end and female on the other.
hope this helps you some.
OH-- i think the antenna , that got discarded was guled to the top of the cycle sound case. it just came lose.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

I believe what you are looking for is a hidden am fm antenna. E Bay has several starting at at about $5.
http://tinyurl.com/76d7xhu

The CB antenna will work, but not for any kind of distance from the radio station. Hope this helps....-Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.