Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I enjoyed this ride so much this year with Valkyrie forum members and received positive feedback from Parman and others that I thought I would list a tentative agenda forthis ridefor next Spring. Leaving on a Friday, everyone would meet in Fairview, TN. at the Deerpark Inn off I-40 exit 182. Spend the night there and begin the ride Saturday morning around 9 A.M. We could take Hwy 96 North out of Fairview to Dickson, TN. Take Hwy 70 West to Hwy 232. Take 232 North to Hwy 79. Go East on Hwy 79 to Fort Donalson State Park and spend about 1/2 an hour there. Back track on Hwy 79 a couple miles and Head North on The Trace into the Land Between the Lakes. At Golden Pond go right on Hwy 68 to Hwy 274. Go left on Hwy 274 to Barkeley Resort for lunch.

Fom here the rest of the trip is open. We could continue North or go back to The Trace and go North and spend the night somewhere in Kentucky. I am open to suggestions for the rest of the trip.

Of course, We will leave for home on Sunday from where ever we decide to spend the night.

Does this sound like something that any of you would like to do? I could also plan a ride to Franklin, West Virginia where there are some great roads to ride.

Please chime in with suggestions or alternate destinations.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I guess there isn't as much interest as I thought. I will scratch this group ride.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hidepounder,

Tentatviely Next Spring. I thought I would get some dates from thoses interested and see if we could pick one that fit the most number of us. Right now an exact date is wide open.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
imported post

I might be interested also. Since i live in southern Indiana, i could make a big loop back home when we are on the north side of the lakes. Always seems to rain a LOT in March,April and May. I am planning on going to Florida around April 26th to May 5th and hope to have all my maintenance on the Wing done by then. I usually squeeze through the rains somehow that week. No heat in my shed and hard to get much done during the cold months.
Hard for many people to plan this far ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Wewill just wait until next year and let everyone know when I plan to make this ride again. If anyone wants to ride with me, they will be more than welcome.

Dubs

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I think the interest is out there.:action: It's just that spring is soooo far away right now.:sadguy:I'm looking forward to Toy's for Tot's ride this Sunday here in Chicago. No snow and ice I will ride. My wife and daughter think I'm nuts.They are probably correct but It's better than sitting home wishing I was riding.

I like the routes you have selected.Theyare some nice routes. If this doesn't transpire I'd be interested in riding down in your neck of the woods anyway.

I want to get aspring trip in before Iride outto Glacier NP next summer.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Parman,

Let me know when you plan to be in my neighborhood and I will try to take a couple days to ride with you. I don't normally do the Toys for Tots rides. They are just too dangerous. Too many people who don't know how to ride in formation and not experienced riders. I just give them a donation. We have a couple Christmas parades coming up that I will try to ride in if weather permits!

Dubs

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

You have a valid point about the TOT rides. This is my first year. maybe I will rethink this one. It seems like every year something happens. A couple of years ago a car ran into the formation and injure/killed a few participants.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I will repost the possibility of a Land Between the Lakes Ride next year. Maybe we can get a group together and make a good weekend of it.

Dubs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.