Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
What an idiot.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
zero sympathy for lane splitters, or cars that go on the berm, or the median to cheat traffic.
yeah, go ahead and start a 10 pager about how lane splitting is for the greater good of all....there is no way I'll ever be convinced lane splitting is anything other that self centered, selfish narcissistic belief that the individual is above the overall flow of traffic.
Those two in the clip no exception, Wish I spoke russian, seemed like the first guy was blaming the driver of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

He better quit while he is behind !

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,228 Posts
That video was on the forum a while back.
Brainless is all I can say about it.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
You cant fix stupid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Well said. However, I will add one thing, in defense of lane splitters (I never thought I'd say that)... That wasn't lane splitting. Lane splitting, at least here, is only "acceptable" when traffic is stopped or barely moving. I still wouldn't do it myself, but that IS different from that video. What they were doing in that video was just old fashioned reckless driving.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
In my opinion lane splitting is safe if used as intended, which is to keep air cooled motorcycles from over heating by allowing them to move slowly through stopped or very slow moving traffic.

What I'm seeing in most videos about lane splitting accidents I would call high speed traffic threading which is quite different.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,228 Posts
What I'm seeing in most videos about lane splitting accidents I would call high speed traffic threading which is quite different.
I agree Ken, that high speed threading is just out of reason, and without regard to other's safety nor the safety of the rider doing it. But then, at that age, they are invincible are they not?

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I never knew what lanesplitting was until recently. Seems amazing that its legal. And amazing that dude didnt get run over by that truck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Lane splitting is illegal in most states. I've had morons in California squirt between other cars and me as traffic moves at or near normal freeway speeds. Every day there you hear "motorcycle down on the 405" over the radio news. No sympathy for 'em here, but I do feel sorry for the car driver who has to contend with the paperwork and aggravation resulting from lane splitting accidents.

They must give out Darwin Awards by the hundreds down there each year.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I agree Ken, that high speed threading is just out of reason, and without regard to other's safety nor the safety of the rider doing it. But then, at that age, they are invincible are they not?
I agree, I say it's for traffic jams only. (I wouldn't try it)
In march we were in California for vacation and they were lane splitting and they would be next to my car before I would even know they were there!!:lash: When you are not used to that type of thing it can be a problem!

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Well said. However, I will add one thing, in defense of lane splitters (I never thought I'd say that)... That wasn't lane splitting. Lane splitting, at least here, is only "acceptable" when traffic is stopped or barely moving. I still wouldn't do it myself, but that IS different from that video. What they were doing in that video was just old fashioned reckless driving.

Yes Sir ;) !

·
killer driller
781 Posts
I looked online and as far as I could find, California is the only state that lane splitting is legal.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sorry, that is just plain stupid!!!:raspberry:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.