Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm currently planing a denver/canyon/Hoover dam/denver circle for this summer for myself and my 2 daughters.

looking for advice on routing east from Las Vegas to denver. we avoid interstates whenever possible.

thx in advance for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
imported post

From Vegas take I15 east to Little Field arizona then turn North on the old highway (turns into Utah old us91). That will get you to St. George Utah. Go north on I15 again to Cedar City, Then go East on Highway 14 Through Zions National Park (may have to pay a small fee but worth it.) Head North on US 89. Just North of Hatch, watch for a turn east (To Bryce Canyon) Highway 12.

Stop at bryce if you want, but keep going on Highway 12. Takes you through Escalante, Boulder, across Hogs back, over Boulder Mountain to Torrey.

At Torrey Turn East on Highway 24, will take you through capital reef national park (no fee if you stay on the main road).

When you get to Hanksville Ut. Going North of South Depends on your Time schedule. North will take you back to I70 then East to the Utah/Colorado boarder. If you go South on Highway 95 it will take you south (I know your headed east to denver but stay with me.) That road hooks up with highway 191 South of Blanding Utah. Go north to La Sal Junction then turn East into Colorado.

Now I'm just looking at the map of a road a guy from colorado says I have to take in my lifetime.

Look for highway 141 going north a bit into colorado. That will dump you out in Grand Junction Colorado.

From there, you'll have to find someone who knows colorado better than I do.

Recommended Fuel stops on the Route. Mesquite Nevada, Cedar City, Top off the tank in Escalante, Torrey, and if you go south top off the tank in Hanksville. Then blanding. Looks like a couple little towns at the turn north into colorado so I'd recommend topping in one of them as well.

Once you get onto Highway 12, 24 and 95 . . . it is DESERT with no gas stations for a loooooooong ways.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thx for help. got it plotted, can't wait.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

If you get to Grand Junction CO in mid Sept you're only 60 miles from Montrose CO where the Gold Wing Gathering will be.........Sept 15/16/17/ 09 Just thought I'd let you know...............

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

kids will be back in school by then. we're going begin of Aug even tho we'll have to deal with some very hot weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.