Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took a trip to Batesville, Arkansas this week. It was all but 2000 miles round trip from Spotsylvania, Virginia. Did something I said I would never do, and that was to ride my bike in ice or snow. Well I did it all this week. Ice on US highway 64 in Arkansas and then into snow on US 167. I think I can say that I've rode in all kinds of weather and well I don't recommend it, it was different. Did you ever ride in a two lane snow rut with three wheels on the ground. It's a very disturbing ride to say the least. I was riding the trike and the only thing good about it was the snow was less than 3" deep, otherwise I would have been plowing the road. I know that I'll always remember that ride and now I'm done. No more long trips (took one this summer that was over 11,000) I'm done, no more wandering around the country.......For the rest of this year, anyhow. What a blast, makes me feel like a dumb kid without a worry in the world. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL. May they be safe and happy ones.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you got through the crummy weather unscathed. The only thing worse than riding a trike on ice that I can think of would be riding a bike.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

It's good to see that you got one more ride in before the terrible weather that's beenhitting that area recently.

Now don't go making claims about no more long rides!!!

Montrose Colorado is coming up in Sept. and that would be a pretty good trip!! :waving:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.