Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our last ride of the year, after I take the bike to storage tonight (heading back to Zambia friday).
Beautiful fall day for Southern Ohio, got to visit the historic Loveland Castle (google it). Completely built by one guy who hauled each and every rock out of the river, right behind us.
Hope to put several hundred / thousand miles on it next year when we return. Ride Safe!

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
That was a guy with too much time on his hands.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
I will agree, that Harry instigated the building of the castle, but he had a LOT of help from friends and others interested in building it.

That site is way too large and involved for one man to be able to accomplish that in his lifetime solely by himself.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
Our last ride of the year, after I take the bike to storage tonight (heading back to Zambia Friday).
Beautiful fall day for Southern Ohio, got to visit the historic Loveland Castle (google it). Completely built by one guy who hauled each and every rock out of the river, right behind us.
Hope to put several hundred / thousand miles on it next year when we return. Ride Safe!
Wow!
I have just spent more than an hour plus, reading up on the history of Zambia.
at 78 now, I can remember a lot of turmoil in the region making world news, and especially the shooting down the Commercial airliner.

What part of Zambia is your homeland?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!
I have just spent more than an hour plus, reading up on the history of Zambia.
at 78 now, I can remember a lot of turmoil in the region making world news, and especially the shooting down the Commercial airliner.

What part of Zambia is your homeland?

Thank you, we live in the Copperbelt region, just 30 miles south of the Congo (DRC). We are outside the city of Kitwe, living on the edge of the bush. Have been there for the past 3 years, and going back to finish up in a few months. Zambia has an interesting history, and they are going through economic tough times right now.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
Thank you, we live in the Copperbelt region, just 30 miles south of the Congo (DRC). We are outside the city of Kitwe, living on the edge of the bush. Have been there for the past 3 years, and going back to finish up in a few months. Zambia has an interesting history, and they are going through economic tough times right now.
Looks like the Bible Belt of Oklahoma and Texas, no lack of places of worship.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Bible Belt of Oklahoma and Texas, no lack of places of worship.

View attachment 323988
It is an amazing place. Due to the missionary efforts of the past 150 years there, they have thousands of churches all across the country. But almost none of the local pastors have ever had any biblical training in their lives. That's why we live there, helping these pastors as we can. A different world! BTW....that google map almost shows where our college is in Kitwe. CABU.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
I almost included that college in the map, but was concentrating on the churches instead.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
are the Cinnabons there good?
I like the ones with a lot of frosting inside them :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are the Cinnabons there good?
I like the ones with a lot of frosting inside them :)
Unfortunately they don't make cinnabon style. More like a hot dog bun with sugar frosting inside....kinda greasy, but good when hot. Not so much when cold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts