Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was told someone on this board does repairs on this item. The unit which shows the clock,radio and air pressure is workong but it seems the liquid has run to one side. GL1800Riders said someone here can repair these. Anyone know this person? Thanks and now I'll check out the rest of the site!.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You can try shooting a PM to Rudy. He may be able to at least guide you, in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

The repair was for loss of some segments and involves cleaning of contacts to the display- most usually related to the 1200 model.

The problem you describe is different. You can't repair this problem I'm sorry. The lamination between the two pieces of Glass (Plastic?) are seperating, allowing the crystal fluid to seep out from where it should be. I've had 2 go down, the original '97 one and another from a '95 bike. New they're over £700 in the uk!!!! Steve

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

You can see them fairly regular on USA E Bay I got one for $380 (£200) including postage.

A lot of money I know however they are nearly $1750 (£900) from mother Honda in the UK.

Good luck

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.