Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased the LCD repalcement from Ron Ayers ($402). It was a bitpricy but considering it replaced the 2 circuit boards and fuel and temperature gauges and harnesses not to bad. I used the instructions in the Goldwing tips on this site and found them to be very helpful. However, I have a suggestion both for here and in the Clymer manual. Removeing the fresh air vents was by far the most difficult part of the operation as mentioned. I was having a very hard time with it until I stepped back and took a look at the front of the bike. Then an epiphany -- remove the turn signals and I bet I can get to the fresh air vents. As it turns out this made rremoving the vents easy. I could reach the bottom tabs with my hand and the top tabs by hand orwith the assistance ofa screw driver.

Thanks for the clear instructions and helpful hints on this site.

By the way, when finished everything worked and I only had a few parts left over.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
imported post

Yes, that is the best way to get to the vents. I had read that tip somewhere on this site.... don't remember where but it stuck in my mind as a good thing to remember.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

The way I found to remove easely the vents is use a small steel plate (like used to fabricate the House A/C ducts)

Just cut to the dimention of the wide of the vent and placed at the top & botton of the vent to force down the tabs.

I did not to have to remove the plastic, turn signal etc.

Javis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.