Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was just wondering who all was planning on going on the ride next month, where are you coming from, etc???

Does anyone have any plans for Tuesday??? Riding around the area & such.... Susan & I only live about 6 1/2 hours from there, but it would be an awful shame to just go home on tuesday.................

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi Frenchy,

Just got in from a business trip and saw your post from the other day. Myself and a friend from Owen Sound are taking the ferry over to Manitoulin Island on Tuesday morning and spending the day riding around the island then catch the ferry back to Tobermory Wednesday morning. I've made reservations on the ferry for both days. If you're thinking about going over to theisland, I'd strongly suggest making reservations right now. Not sure but think Vic is going over also.

Dick

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

d**k???????????????? (as in you don't know?)

Sounds pretty cool. Susan & I haven't been to the area before, & aren't sure what to do. If you would, PM me with the Manitoulin Island Hotel info, as well as what times you reserved passage on the ferry (I think that would be cool too!:cool:).

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

I booked passage for 7 AM Tuesdayover and 9 AM Wednesdayback. Here's the Website for the ferry.

http://niagara.cioc.ca/details.asp?RSN=5095&Number=0

Do a search for Northern Ontario Tourism. That will take you to all thelodging on the island. I made reservations at the Red Lodge Inn for Tuesday nightso I wouldn't have to travel so far to catch the ferry on Wednesday morning. I would have liked to of stayed over for few extra days but don't have the time. There's a lot of stuff to do on the island.

Vic has a lot of information on the ferry and the hotels.

Look forward to meeting you and Susan in Leamington.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

My wife and I have decided not to visit Manitoulin on this ride, instead we are heading down to Collingwood, (after the ride is over,)for a couple of days so we can do some cave exploring and othe sightseeing. My wife also wants to try her hand at hang gliding if we can find a place to rent them along the way to Collingwood.

From what I have gathered there seems to be a lot more to do in and around Collingwood, but, I'm definately marking Manitoulin down as a destination for another ride in the future.

I'm sure that there will be many other places of interest to visit, that's why I set the ride up to end in Tobermory so that we could all head off to our unique places of interest without having to feel bad about leaving the group. But, feel free to join us in Collingwood if you like, although reservations arenot availableat the place we are staying in Collingwood so you'll have to find another motel/hotel, resortor campsite.

Vic

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi Vic,

After I come back on Wednesday from the island I'll be staying with friends in the Collinswood?Thornbury area. I've been going up there every summer now for several years. This is the first time to take the Gold Wing though. The roads and scenery in the area were made for motorcycling. That whole area is the upper end of the Niagra Escarpment and is very hilly and gorgeous. I haven't done the cave thing yet but have heard it's great.

Look forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

Dick

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

On the way up we'll be taking HWY 6, but, on the way back to Collingwood I'll be taking the backroads along the Bayall the way to Collingwood. Like you say, hills, twisties and all kinds of beeeeeeatiful scenery.

Maybe if a few of the other people on the ride come down to Collingwood also we can meet up again for dinner someplace and do more riding in that area.

Frenchy, 28 people registered for this ride, but, how many actually show up will be a mystery until we all meet in one place.

Vic

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a plan. I'll get your cell phone # and give you a call when I get down in the Collingwood area. There's alot of great restaurants in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.