Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just got my '87 Aspencade back together after stator replacement and carb overhaul and I cant remember the location where the lean angle sensor bolts on. New on here and appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi dan and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the greatest Goldwing forum from North Central Texas!
I may be lost on this one. I don't know about the 1987, but does it have a lean angle sensor similar to the Bank Angle Sensor on the GL 1500?
Are you talking about the Angle Sensor that is part of the Self Canceling Turn Signal System? This Angle Sensor is mounted on the bottom center of the Steering Stem under a cover.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Well I call it a lean angle sensor because if you hold it in your hand with the motor running and tip it to one side or the other it kills the engine. Its shaped like an old radio with the round top and square base. I know the round top has to point down but just cant remember the mounting location. I will look around the steering head. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

The sensor on my '86 slips up inside the steering stem. and is secured to the bottom triple tree by (2) 10mm, hex stock bolts that have internal threads in the headsto secure the air damper tin. The sensor arm reaches downward, and is secured to the frame by a single fastener.

The (2) bolts on the front of the tin, up in the fairing - are the bastards. Hard to get started, as the left one also goes through a brake hose routing clip. Have fun. Just got mine buttoned up last weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

not sure on the 87's, but on my 85 LTD, there is a bank sensor that goes just in the "crotch" where the frame tubes meet the steering stem.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

OK, just got a Honda factory service manual and it calls it a bank angle sensor and shows the monting location. It goes under the tank cover mounted to the side of the frame with a screw. Says it's only on the 87 Aspencade. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.