Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Leaping Antelope Knocks Couple Off Speeding Motorcycle
GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK, Wyo.— An antelope running across a road knocked a couple off a motorcycle as they drove through Grand Teton National Park.

Park officials say 38-year-old Brady Burgess, of Garland, Utah, was driving the bike and had just passed a motor home at 65 mph when the antelope leaped and struck the motorcycle sideways Saturday. The animal knocked the couple off the bike, which fell over and slid 100 feet down U.S. 26/89/191.

Forty-six-year-old Koreen Burgess was transferred Sunday from St. John's Medical Center in Jackson to University of Utah Health Sciences Center in Salt Lake City. Her condition wasn't immediately available.

Burgess was in good condition at St. John's.

The accident closed the highway for an hour.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

Yes I saw it. It kind of reminds me of an accident around here about 2 years age when a deer knocked off a cyclist on the interstate. He hit the road and then got ran over. He might of lived after the deer hit but getting ran over too was not good.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Several right here, have had that experience. I often wondered going through some of these places if I'd see one. So far so good. They happen all too fast.

·
Premium Member
68,556 Posts
imported post

I always invision hitting a deer would be like someone throwing a 90# bag of cement at you.. Not fun........

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Last Friday Night, doing about 25 - 30 mph, I rounded a corner on a dark mountain 2 lane, standing in the road was a full grown Elk.

I hit the brakes hard and easly avoided her when another one went running across the road in front of me. I stopped and didn't hit anything, it was just a "pucker" moment.

I would say the second elk was within 10 ft. of the bike. I could hear the clop, clop of it hoofs on the asphalt. ...and I was wearing a full face helment with the visor down.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Kinda sucks when the antelope fight back, isn't it?

I live in dear country, and where there is one deer, there is always two. Don't know how many times I have seen a deer cross the road, only to see another following it a few seconds later.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

been there and done that , coming around curve and a deer blind sided me , all of a sudden i saw a side of a deer about 3 in from my nose , she was trying to leap over me , that was the last thing i remebered until i come to and i was flipping and skidding across into the other lane , lucky for me no other cars were coming , had some bad road rash and permament damage to knee and shoulder , so far since then i have eyes in back and front of my head , never want to go there again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.