Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sitting indian style on the floor is painful after a bit. Especially when you stand up. Crimp connectors all soldered. The Lucas ignition switch is date stamped for the same month and year that man first walked on the moon. It's rivets were all loose and the push-on plugs wiggled. I re-riveted them and soldered them just to be sure. Ran out of heat shrink so ran pigtails and let it go. Minimum Lucas. Mostly modern stuff. Negative ground like God intended. Electronic ignition. Solid State regulator. A borrowed heat gun beats the hell out of a Bic lighter! I buy more heat shrink on the morrow and hopefully finish the thing tomorrow night. Blue sparks and head and tail lamps hopefully when and wherethey are intended. In the future when people ask why my kitchen floor is so messed up, I guess I can only say that the living room carpet was too flamable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it's coming along. It's looking pretty good too.

Every time I see one, I start to regret having to trade mine years ago. I know I could go back to AZ and get it from the guy that has it, but it has been sitting in his yard for over 20 years, and would probably cost way too much to restore it.
:sadguy:

Keep up the good work!
I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Tom, ya gotta put some gators on them fork springs. You'll be pickin bugs outta the coils all summer...:waving:

Looking real good... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I know Shooter, they're on the list but at $75 a pair they'll wait. The neck still needs work. It's a Triumph front end and a BSA fame. The Triumph neck shaft is a little too long since fitting the tapered bearings and races. I've also gotta fit some kind of stops. As it sits now the handlebars simply crash into the tank. I had a conversation just yesterday with another motorcycle idiot about how complicated it can get when mixing different parts from different manufacurers.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Nice Tom good to see some folks know how the OLD bikes work and don't have to hook them to a computer only to find out it has to be fixed at a dealer. a 100 miles away. It makes for a LONG push, not saying I wouldn't like a 2012 WING when the time is right I'll up grade!!! Keep chipping a way at it so you'll have her ready for NASSIER5....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.