Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LED Accent Lights

9K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  RckRagman 
#1 ·
imported post

I would like to get that unique glow to my 05 1800 with some LED accent lights and I'm looking for ideas on where you have installed yours and what kind of look it produced. of course photos would be great !

#3 ·
imported post

I mounted two red ones on the bottom of each saddle bag and 2 white ones in the trunk. Not too much bling, but adds a nice touch.

#5 ·
imported post

I got one or three:

Attachments

#7 ·
imported post

For a friend of mine who has a 2010 I installed blue lights inside the vents on the faring, put them in the middle of the upper and lower causes both vents to glow blue. I also put lights under the saddle bags and foot rests and the front cowl so it looks like he is gliding down the road on a blue cloud. If you have a clear windshield, no color down low you can put Blue Lights at the bottom of the windshield pointing towards the bottom edge of the windshield that will make your windshield glow blue with the brightest areas being around the edges and the vent. Any other questions let me know sorry I don't have any pictures of hisbike all lit up...

#9 ·
imported post

Bellboy40 wrote:
Better be careful installing blue lights on the front of a bike. Illegal in a lot of states.
Although I totally agree with Bellboy40, read the wording of the law carefully. I noticed that my state has it worded that the colored lights are illegal when used ona publicroadway (as in, while driving). But there's nothing that says you can't use them while the bike is parked, perhaps on private property, or on display(like in a bike show)...

I'm just sayin'

#10 ·
imported post

RckRagman wrote:
Bellboy40 wrote:
Better be careful installing blue lights on the front of a bike. Illegal in a lot of states.
Although I totally agree with Bellboy40, read the wording of the law carefully. I noticed that my state has it worded that the colored lights are illegal when used ona publicroadway (as in, while driving). But there's nothing that says you can't use them while the bike is parked, perhaps on private property, or on display (like in a bike show)...

I'm just sayin'
Put them on a switch.

#11 ·
imported post

Happy Friday the 13th. First one of the year.

Make your lights amber. That would not be illegal in any state. Your bike would look like any semi that has decorated up. Another thing that would be neat would use LEDs that change color depending on the polarity of the power.

#15 ·
imported post

1996 GL1500 Aspencade Sparkling Pearl Blue

Blue LED's on a switch for parking lot showin' off...

#16 ·
imported post

I have seen Green that is awesome.. RED and Blue are illegal in Florida and some other states.

#17 ·
imported post

I have seen Green that is awesome.. RED and Blue are illegal in Florida and some other states.

#19 ·
imported post

What about the Ring Of Fire that has amber facing outward, and either blue/green or red/blue facing inward?

I have 3 brand new sets of amber - blue/green that need some work, but it was what I plan to use.

A guy I bought some parts from has all neon on his bike. The trunk, saddlebags, under bike, and ring of fire all has a turquoise neon tubing all hand made.

#21 ·
imported post

I haven't yet added my accent lighting, but here's a video I took yesterday.
The 'emergency flashers' are pretty much only used if I'm pulled over on the side of the road (helping a stranded cyclist, no doubt) because I think TOO MANY flashing lights at once would only confuse the cager behind me...But I'm definitely on my way to riding to be seen! The new additions this year are the L.E.D.s on the fender and trunk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhBjb6t ... re=channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.