Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Gl1500SE. Been trying to upgrade to LED's whereever possible. I bought 4 2057 LED bulbs to replace the 4 Stop/taillights on the bike. Just tried to install them and the polarity is reversed. That is, you can only install them one way. Incandescent bulbs are not polarity sensitive--plus and minus doesn't matter. But the LED's ARE polarity sensitive. If I could reverse the bulbs, they would work fine. But the little prongs in the bulb don't allow the bulb to be reversed. So the bulbs don't work.

Has anyone else hit this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
I cant recall how that socket is made . Perhaps you could remove the wires from the socket and switch them around . otherwise it might take cutting and splice them in the opposite position.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Don't cut, splice or otherwise butcher the wiring on your bike but rather contact the seller and explain the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
they make a bulb that's a cluster of leds with the same base as you're stock bulb.
i found them at the truck stop buy my job. there a little wider but a little sandpaper
to widen the hole and you're in.i can't figure out how to post pictures on here from my
phone but i can email /text them if you like.i also put leds in my trunk sides for about 35.00$
and a couple hours in the man cave

just found out how to post pictures to my albums you can see the bulbs with a stock bulb
next them for comparison.

the picture of the amber light is what i used in the trunk sides except i used red.you have to remove
it from the crome clip and its just the right size. a couple a tricks i found to hold them in place and
walla.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.