Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Question for those of you with Led ground effects lights. Rings of fire, Electropods, etc.

I've seen what looks like rules that you can only have amber light up front and red lights in the back. With that said, for those of you that have different color schemes then this, (blue, green, purple lights), do you run them while you ride or only when you are parked?

Thanks, appreciate any input on the use of colored lighting.

Anybody that whats to, could include a pic of their bike lit up. Might be fun to see all of our members bikes lit up.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I would like to see these pics as well....I think I'd enjoy doing this with my wing. I do know my son got a ticket for ground lights here in MO a cpl years ago on his cage....so I'd assume the law would apply to bikes as well?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

They don't do a thing about them in GA as long as they are steady and not flashing or confusing to traffic.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I have ring of fire on my front wheel amber and blue.I turn them on at nite,never had a problem,but when traveling in other states I leave them off.....

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I just assumed my purple leds were illegal at night - haven't looked into it. Maybe this year I just run them on and see what the outcome is.

Kudos to Rudy for this pic :clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Anyone have any really good instructions, or a site, to illustrate how to light a bike beautifully?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

I run my LEDS all the time here in tennessee know one has ever questioned me,They are red as the bike is spectra red police has even complimented me, on the looks but then again its in tennessee.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have only been asked once to turn them off by a highway patrolmen, because only emergency vehicles are suppose to have blue in California. Put.... I still turn them on (ring of fire) and never been asked to turn them off again. It was a motorbike cop that told me too, he must of been having a bad day.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,193 Posts
imported post

Almost every bike in AZ with lights, are the blue ones.

Saw a couple of gorgeous looking trim jobs last week. Someone had done a very neat job of hiding all the wiring, only the glow was visible.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
I just assumed my purple leds were illegal at night - haven't looked into it. Maybe this year I just run them on and see what the outcome is.

That was certainly my pleasure.

Lights or no lights, if you ever get a chance to see this rig in person, be sure to take the opportunity to do so. It is really, really well done. I highly recommend it.
And Miles isn't too bad to chat with either. :waving: As Wexy is my witness...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

Gorgeous ride Miles! Wow. :action:

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Pretty much Illegal in Michigan but what are the odds you'll ever get way up here? If you do just turn them off. Michigan Vehicle Code excerpt 257.694 if you like really boring reading......

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
miles.from.nowhere wrote:

That was certainly my pleasure.

Lights or no lights, if you ever get a chance to see this rig in person, be sure to take the opportunity to do so. It is really, really well done. I highly recommend it.
And Miles isn't too bad to chat with either. :waving: As Wexy is my witness...

:blushing::blushing::smiler::smiler::action: GOSH! Thanks Rudy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

I run blue or purple when I ride at night.

Never had any problems, just compliments from the local LEO's.

When I am not on the road I have them flashing to the music .

:cooldj: :band: :cooldj:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

In Cal, any flashing is a nono and the blue thing like Spider said too. I've been told to disconnect my trim lights once even if they were red in back and amber up front they made halos on the road and cop said was a distration. I still run them and lately have been stopped due to my plate cover..? Weird cause the darn Harleys are louder than hell and those boomboom boy cars are shaking the neighborhood but my trim lights, plate cover and headlight modulator are safety hazards!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Hey Doug, that was great of you to post the pics and info. Helps me to get a good idea for mine, thanks! Mana for you!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
imported post

We have a total of 695 LED's, with 8 more Lizard light pods to add at a later date. We have only red "lights" in the rear, & amber/yellow "lights" in the front. But on the sides, & bottom, we've got all colors, but mainly blue. We do have green "Owl" lights on the headlights, but they're only on when parked, or in a light parade. With the soon to be mounted Lizard lights, we'll be changing colors, every few seconds. Below is a short video, &some pictures.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Saw a guy with his 1800, equipped with a ring of fire. Looked really nice. I see younger cager's running neon's under them all the time around here. The rules in AZ say only amber up front and red in the back, but I suspect that they let it slide as long as they don't flash and they predominantly point down and mostly providing ground effect light.

Thanks for everyone’s input. I think I'm going to proceed with a red ring of fire and some red highlights and ground effects.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.