Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok I hope im doing this right. I got a 1200 wing and after reading decided to go led. First very cheap to do.Second I have learned to buy HNG bulbs. Why cause im cheap and ordered a bunch from *bay and they were all different brands. I had to file all lenses with file to make bulbs fit.Except HNG they went right in and no filing so hope this helps someone else. Also headlight got brighter and no diming of headlight.:applause: so now i can hook trailer and go :action:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:action:Welcome to the greatestforum on the net:action:
and
:action:Welcome from the "Hoosier State":action:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome lco155[/align]

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum lco155! :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard....This is the place to be:congrats::dance::jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Welcome. here's a question, did you have to change anything else other than the bulbs. I have heard some people saying that the flasher for the turn signals had to be changed due to the low load that the bulbs produce.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I want to go on record as someone who has a serious dislike for LEDs. I want incandescent bulbs for everything but the headlight, and halogen for that. I have never tried LEDs, but it seems almost everybody that has had problems with them. I certainly don't need them to save power, my LTD puts out 500 watts (I could light up my whole house with that, inside and outside) The bike uses very little of that, the rest of it gets shorted to ground, which makes the regulator glow red at night.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

ok pcfix_3 I changed the lights next to headlight in fairing. I changed the lights in the red cover in back were it says aspencade (2).I changed the brake lights at bottom of saddle bags one one each side. I DID NOT change the turn signals in back. and my trailer lights as well. when i would hit brakes before headlight would dim just a little but it was there.And now its gone and the headlight at night is 20 percent brighter.ok now if you do this take your time as you can put the bulbs in backwards and it will not light or flash.just learn from me make sure you use HNG bulbs (huaning light bulbs) the reson if you dont you will have to take a half round file and open up the lens were the socket locks in .Also the reason I did not change the turn signals is that if I did I would have to put in eletronic flasher its not a big deal but i wanna ride and im doing the hid light for headlight this winter as it onl;y draws 35w compared to 55w standard.We just di a frend of mines f350 diesal and man what a difference those make!also going to install driving lights this winter trying to find in hid that way its not drwing on my 80s stator.If you got an 1800 I dont know if its worth it as you got alt and no way can you overdo that.I have seen some really cool aftermarket light kits for the 1800 and I would do those just for the looks.By the way how does the 1800 do on fuel??mpg?:waving: and ride safe

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

lol, I have an alt, but the headlights still dim a little bit when I hit the brakes. The headlight is still very bright though. I want to get the LED lights so I can add other electronics on such as more lights, heated things, etc. I have heated grips but I had to modify them a little bit because they broke. Well, now they draw too much amperage which discharges the battery over time. I gotta fix that as well. lol. Any ways, I get about 42-45 mpg depending on how much I use my right wrist. lol. Here's a thought, if you have some of those LED lights left over you might consider putting one on a switch in the trunk and saddlebags. I've thought about doing that myself and it wouldn't take much more than a contact switch wired up with the lights and connected to the accessory terminal to keep them from draining the battery (not that LED's would take much electricity). Oh, and I think you can buy a kit for your aspy that would let you have a alt on it. I don't know for sure though. just search on the forum for it, it might come up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.