Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1988 GL1500 that I am wanting to brighten up all the lights on. My running lights, turn signal lightsand brake lights don't seem that bright and I was wondering if there was an LED equivelant to the ones that are in there. Wanting to replace all of them this winter while I am doing some other stuff to the bike.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I'm sure you can find LED's for every light on the Wing.
Do a little homework though, as the LED's draw a lot less current and flashers (for signal lights) operate as the current (in the form of heat) switches on/off/on/off for the "flashing" of the signal.
You may need a different flasher if all incadesents are changed to LED's.
Hope this mumbo-jumbo makes sense.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes it does...is there a listing of all the bulb numbers used on the wing somewhere already or do I have to go fishing and get them all?? Any help will save me some time. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Once you gather the bulb numbers, check out the options at www.superbrightleds.com for LED replacements. I'm not asscociated with them other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

I collected this info from a guy on the 1800 site, who converted all of his 1500's lights over to LED's:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

2EA 67-x15 LED bulb Cool White 67-W15 $6.95/EA

4EA BA15 base Wired Sockets Single Contact BA15S-SW (1156) $0.99/EA

2EA BA15 45 High Power LED Tower bulb Cool White 1156-CW45-T $24.95/EA

2EA WLED-x5LED Wide Angle LED bulb, Cool White WLED-cCW5, $3.94/EA

Sorry, I don't recall off-hand which of the items listed goes in which location. It definately included the Driving Lights though.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Wow...thanks for the great info! That helps a bunch!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
imported post

Pudgyhd,If you have a Bigrig Chrome shop in the area you can find all kinds of LED lights that can be used or converted for use on your Wing...Ask at your near by truckstop,I'm changing all mine to LED and adding a few extra. Charlie G.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Will do straydawg1! Thanks for the idea...

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

PUDGYHD wrote:
I have a 1988 GL1500 that I am wanting to brighten up all the lights on. My running lights, turn signal lightsand brake lights don't seem that bright and I was wondering if there was an LED equivelant to the ones that are in there. Wanting to replace all of them this winter while I am doing some other stuff to the bike.
Terry AKA TLBranth has already done all of the work for you in this post.

Converting your 1500 to LED's

Henry

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

Hanko wrote:
PUDGYHD wrote:
Terry AKA TLBranth has already done all of the work for you in this post.

Converting your 1500 to LED's

Henry
Thanks Henry. I'd advise using lower output bulbs for the LED screen illumination and for the high beam indicator. The ones I used are waaaaay too bright.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks for doing basically all the work for me...I hope one day that I can give someone some useful information so I feel like I have paid the forum back for the info I have gotten on this and other posts...thank you so much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.