Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The new LEDtail/stop/turn lightsI'mseeing moreoften on cars and trucks, here in New England, are really BRIGHT and to me; a safety plus. Was wondering if anyone has attempted a conversion on their Wing. TTFN.....

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

yes, there are designed bulbs direct replacement. the turn signals need resistors though but its possible and done everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Type in "LED Lights" in the search box. There are 446 post on this forum, enough to keep you busy reading for a while.

My reason for going with LED bulbsis to reduce the load on the bike charging system. Do not expect the LED replacement bulbs in a bike to look like the new cars/trucks lights due to design.

I have not changed to LED bulbs on my 1989 GL 1500. The GL 1500 Generator supplies enough powerfor the bike and my addedaccessories, including a trailer and two heat suits.

I did change to LEDs on the 1983 GL 1100A/Sidecar because the stator only supplies about 300 watts power. Now I can run all lights including two driving lights without draining the battery.

Most that I see on this forum are changing to LED bulbs own GL 1000, 1100, 1200. Check some of Rudy's post on what he has done with LEDs.

There are several sources for the LED lights. If you have problems with the turn signals, you can add the resistorsfor each bulb, like William said,or replace the Turn Signal Relay with one for LEDs.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

I have no association with them, but I saw these LEDs at a local dealer and they are bright. This involves changing the whole tail light/turn signal assembly. It's simple, but the part I haven't yet figured out is the equalizer which is required to get the correct flashing rate.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/Inventory/Navision/52-788?catalogNo=1

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hi Tin-Can. The link you give is lights for the GL 1800 and cost $274.95, including shipping,for one pair of lights.:crying:
Best places for replacement bulbs that I have found are:
Superbrightleds
lednights

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
imported post

I got my bulbs from lednights for my GL1000. I wanted to add more lights, but was concerned about the current draw so I changed all of the bulbs and then added more LEDs. Did not need to change anything on the turn signals other than the bulbs. They flash the same as the original bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.